African Rift Valley Babies
Red River hoglet baby
-born May 9, 2013, a male, he loves discovering his siblings and family.
Giraffe baby "Kipawa"
-born January 20, 2013, a male, his name in Swahili means "gift."
Giraffe baby "Jukuu"
-born 12:55 a.m., July 10,2012, a male, he is frisky and loves being outside!
Primate World Babies
- born August 14, 2012, to mom Asha (19 years) and dad (Rafiki). This is Asha's second baby. Mom and baby are doing well, more...
- born February 19, 2009. The orangutan baby is the second offspring for 22-year-old mother Sumagu (su-MAW-gu) and 19-year-old father, Baka (BAW-caw). Godek is adventurous and loves to climb and hover near his mom.
Rocky Mountain Wild Babies
North American Porcupine
- born May 8, 2013 to mom Nale and father Elan They both are first-time parents! Learn more about the new porcupette!
North American Lynx babies
- Three babies born May 8, 2013 to mother Migina and father Kajika. This is the first time this threatened species has successfully bred at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Viewing of these kittens will be announced when they are given access to their outside yard.
The Scutes Family Gallery Babies
American Alligator babies
- born in the Fall of 2011, Wally is the youngest of the three. Tommy and Sally were both born in the fall of 2010. During feeding time, Sally, the biggest one of the three will start to make a small grunting chirp noise as she climbs up the slide out of the water. The three of them are usually found in the morning huddled together in their own little gator pile. These youngsters are so interesting, you must check them out around their urban pool!
- Arriving on May 2, two Wallaby babies. One male and one female, both born in late 2012. The joeys will be calling Cheyenne Mountain Zoo their home all summer long.