Dates & Times:
Eight hour shifts per day; minimum three (3) days per week.
360 hours total required.
Summer Internships begin in May and June.
Fall/Winter Internships beginning date is negotiable and should be discussed during the interview process.
– The Zoo Internship Application below must be completed and submitted in advance.
– A $100.00 non-refundable deposit is due upon acceptance.
– Full payment is due at your scheduled orientation.
– Please consult your school’s career counselor to inquire about receiving academic credit for your internship.
Since we approach our internships as enrollment into a learning institution, certain fees apply.
- An Individual Plus Zoo Membership that is valid during your internship – see Individual Plus Zoo Membership for rates
- $35 – Background check fee
- $505* – Internship registration fee ($100 non-refundable acceptance deposit is applied toward registration fee)
*A discounted rate of $305.00 is applicable during our off-season, September – February.
Although there is no guarantee for intern approval, area preference will be given to those who submit their application for each season by these dates:
– For the spring/summer season (April- August) by March 1st
– For the fall/winter season (September- March) by August 15th
Then, selection notification will happen for:
Summer Interns – on or by March 15th.
Fall/Winter Interns – submissions will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Download this application CMZoo Internship Application Packet PDF
Follow all instructions and return to [email protected]
or US Mail to: 4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80906 (ATTN: Animal Department)
Email [email protected]
or call 719-424-7874
Note: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo reserves the right to discontinue an internship at any time if student does not follow rules/guidelines. No refunds will be granted on fees if internship is more than half-way completed at time of termination.