Due to potentially unsafe weather, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo postponed its Sunday, Oct. 25 Boo at the Zoo event. The Zoo has added a date on Sunday, Nov. 1, to accommodate Oct. 25 ticketholders.
- If Nov. 1 works for current Oct. 25 ticket holders, there’s no need to contact the Zoo or make changes to your tickets. Tickets for Oct. 25 will be honored on Sunday, Nov. 1 at the same time window reserved on the original tickets. No action is required for current Oct. 25 ticketholders who would like to redeem those tickets for Boo at the Zoo on Sunday, Nov. 1.
- If you have a ticket for Boo at the Zoo on Sunday, Oct. 25 and are unable to attend on Sunday, Nov. 1, please email [email protected] We will process full and partial refunds in the next two business days. Please include in your email:
– The name of the person who purchased the tickets
– The email address you used to purchase your Boo at the Zoo tickets
– Your order number
– Whether you need a full or partial refund
- Sunday, Oct. 25 tickets are only transferrable to Sunday, Nov. 1.
- As additional Boo at the Zoo tickets for Sunday, Nov. 1 become available due to refunds, those tickets will be available for purchase.
Come See the Original Creatures of the Night.
Don your costume, bring your trick-or-treat bag and get ready for the “wildest” Halloween event in town! Boo at the Zoo is a unique way for families to trick-or-treat and enjoy Halloween festivities, and COVID-19 precautions will be in place.
OUR STAFF IS WEARING MASKS, AND SO SHOULD YOU!
- ZOO GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS WHEN INSIDE ALL ZOO BUILDINGS, due to the recent mandate by the state of Colorado. We also strongly encourage wearing a mask when within 6 feet of other groups in outdoor areas. Check out this fun “animals vs. masks” video before your visit!
- All individuals visiting the Zoo must have their own advance e-ticket, including children age 2 and under.
- Please be in line to enter the Zoo within 20 minutes after your ticketed time. Early arrivals or arrivals later than 20 minutes past your ticketed entry time may not be accommodated. If you arrive early for your time slot, please wait in your car until your entry time begins. Arriving during your designated arrival time will help us manage traffic flow into our parking lot and through the admission gates.
- Early or late arrivals will not be accommodated. Arriving during your designated arrival time will help us manage traffic flow into our parking lot and through the admission gates.
- All COVID-19 precautions will be in place for this event. Learn more at cmzoo.org/open.
All of our candy is made with sustainable palm oil to help protect wild orangutans!
Download & Share our Orangutan-Friendly Halloween Guide 2020
Download & shop smart with our FREE Sustainable Palm Oil Shopping Guide App
Highlights of Boo at the Zoo
- Haunted House – ages 6 and up, strobe lights in use (Lodge at Moose Lake),
- Spooky Graveyard – (Scutes Family Gallery),
- Trick-or-treat at Spooky Treat Stations (throughout the Boo at the Zoo path),
- Pirate’s Cove – (Australia Walkabout),
- Lighted Pumpkin Patch – (My Big Backyard),
- Photo Opportunities – If you’ve got it, haunt it! Perfect selfie spots are everywhere at Boo at the Zoo. See if you can find our special year-specific banners and tag your posts: #BOOCMZOO
- Sky Ride – $3 at Sky Ride ticket booth (be in line by 7:30 p.m., last ride at 8 p.m.),
- Giraffe and Budgie feeding (be in line for giraffe feeding by 8 p.m.) In order to accommodate the maximum number of guests with our limited building capacity, your time in the giraffe building will be limited.
Select animal exhibits are open, including
– African Rift Valley giraffe building (be in line by 8 p.m.) In order to accommodate the maximum number of guests with our limited building capacity, your time in the giraffe building will be limited.
– African lions
– Australia Walkabout
– Encounter Africa elephant/rhino barn
– Goat Experience
– The Loft
– Scutes Family Gallery
– Water’s Edge: Africa
Restaurants open during Boo at the Zoo
– Grizzly Grill
– Pizza with a View
– Elson’s Place
– Cozy Goat (beverages only)
For the safety of all guests, costume masks and costume weapons may not be worn by guests 12 years of age or older. Masks worn by guests 11 years of age and younger must have openings that allow the eyes to be seen and that do not obstruct peripheral vision. Balloons are not allowed inside the Zoo (even as part of a costume) for the safety of our animals and wild animals.
Support the Zoo’s efforts to reduce waste by bringing your own trick-or-treat bags!
Forget your bag? CMZoo treat bags are available at the admissions booth for $2.