Bring Your Bunch to the Zoo.
Whether it's a school field trip or group adventure, the Zoo offers nature-inspired experiences for a life-time all year round with a variety of programs to enhance your visit. Consider a Zoo Exploration Tour, Keeper Interview, Animal Encounter or Docent Tour - or venture on your own Self-Guided Field Trip!
School and group visits (parties of 15 or more) may be scheduled anytime of the year during regular Zoo hours. If you will be scheduling an Education or Docent program for your group you need to contact them in advance and will work with them through the entire process. For Self-Guided Field Trips please follow the information below to register your group's visit. Please note that April and May are the busiest months for field trips at the Zoo and plan accordingly.
Use the expandables below to learn more about visiting the Zoo with your group, then register below.
Plan Your Visit
- We encourage you to schedule an Education Department or Docent program during your Zoo visit. Costs and registration for scheduled programs are different than self-guided visits, so please work with your Zoo representative for your payment options.
You may choose from the following:
- Enhance your visit with an education program for your group. While Cheyenne Mountain Zoo prides itself on the fun learning experiences guests have with every visit, we still encourage all groups to have a planned educational activity as part of their trip. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo has a variety of Zoo Explorations that can be customized to meet your groups’ needs. Some program offerings can be included with the price of your group admission or qualifying groups may be awarded scholarships for specific programs.
- If your group is working on a specific subject and would like to guarantee time for your group to meet with a member of our animal care staff, book a keeper interview (advanced registration is required).
- Docent Tours and Safari's offer in-depth on-site tours coupled with optional classroom safaris. Docent tours are available to any age groups, focusing primarily on school age children's curriculum needs.
- For a Self-Guided Group Visit, please register your group's visit two weeks in advance by completing the School Group Visit Registration Form at the bottom of this page. This information allows us to plan for proper staffing on busy days and to have contact information for your group, particularly in the event of an emergency. No further update is needed, your group will be ready to go to the Zoo on it's own. Costs are explained below.
- For more information about your visit and answers to frequently asked questions, including picnic areas and other logistics, download our Zoo School Field Trip Guide or the Zoo Group Visit Guide depending upon your group's qualifications. This guide contains information to help you plan your visit, including a Chaperone Guide of responsibilities while at the Zoo that all chaperones must read, a Self-Guided Payment Form and policies for your billing department. Please make sure you have the correct counts and information filled into the Self-Guided Payment Form when you arrive at the Zoo.
When You Arrive
- Please check in at the Admissions Booth located at the Zoo entrance, with your group numbers, payment form and payment ready (see payment methods below).
- Provide the Zoo with a contact name and cell phone number of an individual responsible for the group during the visit that day, or confirm the contact information provided in advance in case of emergency.
- You will receive Quarters for Conservation tokens to hand out to your group. Learn more about this program and how your visit helps the Zoo conserve wildlife by visiting Quarters for Conservation
- During your Zoo visit, please ensure that your entire group adhere the following guidelines:
- Treat Zoo animals with dignity and respect and do not provoke or taunt animals.
- All students (Pre-K - 12th grade) must be supervised by adult chaperones at all times.
- Respect other Zoo visitors and Zoo property.
- Backpacks and school bags are not allowed into the gift shop.
- Violations of these guidelines may result in eviction from the Zoo.
NOTE: Costs for scheduled Education or Docent programs are different than Self-Guided Group Visit Rates below, so if you have scheduled a program during your visit, please work with your Zoo representative for your payment options.
Groups and Out-of-state Schools:
Groups of 15 or more and out-of-state PreK-12 school groups receive $2 off the regular Zoo admission rate per person.
Colorado PreK-12 Students :
Special Needs Aides:
Cash, in-state check, Visa, Mastercard and Discover are all accepted. Please have one person pay for the entire group.
Adult field trip chaperones may use their Zoo membership for admission. For student Zoo Members, collect a photocopy of their Zoo membership card and a photo ID (on same page) and present these with the payment form when paying for your group. Memberships DO NOT apply for Docent tours and Education Programs. Education and Docent program fees may be an additional charge and require advanced registration.
Please register your group at least two weeks in advance of your visit to ensure availibility.
Questions: Please email email@example.com or call 719.633.9925, ext. 0.