Volunteering is a wonderful experience for youth of all ages. It increases their maturity and their sense of community. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo welcomes volunteers of all ages.
How to apply:
- Complete the Youth Group Application online.
- After reviewing the application, the Youth Group Volunteer Coordinator will determine if an appropriate project exists and notify the group supervisor.
- Once a project has been assigned, download the Release and Waiver of Claims Form and Parental Permission Form. Completed waiver forms for all youth volunteers must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian. All adult supervisors must also complete a waiver form.
Youth Group Volunteer Coordinator
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Questions? Call the Adult Group Volunteer Coordinator at 719.633.9925, ext. 127, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things You and Your Group Should Know:
- No minimum age. Children of all ages are encouraged to volunteer, but the age must be appropriate for the project to be completed.
- Supervise. The ratio of adult supervisors to youth should be 1 to 5, depending on the age of the group's participants – so they are under constant supervision.
- Dress appropriately. The weather and type of work your group is doing will determine what you should wear, but it's important to remember the Zoo is situated on a mountain. Weather tends to be a bit cooler than in Colorado Springs.
- Bring lunch. Each volunteer should bring a lunch if project work will extend through the noon hour.
- Be respectful of others. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo reserves the right to request that any individual or group leave Zoo grounds if their behavior is deemed inappropriate.