Bundles of Love.
African Rift Valley Babies
Giraffe Birth Cam
Reticulated giraffe calf, “Penny”
– Our sad Goodbye to Penny.
Reticulated giraffe older calf, “Rae”
Slender-tailed meerkat pups
– Born May 22, 2018. Our meerkat parents, Dusty and Kamikaze, welcomed their third litter of pups on May 22! The experienced mom gave birth to four tiny pups, and she has been proudly showing them off in their exhibit (between giraffes and African lions).
Australia Walkabout Babies
Red-necked wallaby joey, “TBA”
– Born ~March, 2018. We have a new red-necked wallaby joey in our midst! We are so excited to announce this new joey who is just starting to interact with the world outside mother, “Bindi’s” pouch. You can try and spot this newborn in Australia Walkabout.
Red-necked wallaby joey, “Poppy”
– Born ~September 9, 2017. This is the first joey for mother Kiah and father Bugsy, and mom and joey are doing fine. The joey grew inside Kiah’s pouch and is now spending her time out of the pouch with the rest of the wallabies! View The Waterhole article, “Wallaby Babies,” here.
Primate World Babies
Sumatran orangutan baby, “Kera”
– Born June 6, 2018 at 9:28 p.m., the baby is the third offspring for 30-year-old mom, Sumagu (soo-mah’-goo), and 27-year-old dad, Baka (bah’-kuh). Mother and baby are in their regular exhibit in Primate World, which will be open for guests. Depending on where Sumagu decides to spend time, she and the baby may or may not be visible to guests. “Kera,” means ‘ape’ in Indonesian and it’s also a nod to her father’s full name, “Baka-Keri.” View the press release with photos and/or video link here.
Rocky Mountain Wild Babies
Mexican gray wolf pups
– Born May 8, 2018. A litter of six Mexican gray wolf pups, four females and two males, born to mother Luna and father Navarro. Luna is currently exhibiting great maternal behavior and is caring for the pups in the Wolf Woods exhibit. Visit the press release with photo link here.