Bundles of Love.
African Rift Valley Babies
Reticulated giraffe calf, “Rae”
– Reticulated giraffe calf female born April 26, 2017 to mother Msitu. Mom and calf appear to be healthy and doing well. Guests may find the calf inside or outside, as she is slowly being introduced to the rest of the herd. Stay tuned to our social media channels for more updates! Visit the press release with photos and video link here.
African lion cubs, “Aslan,” “Boma” and “Elsa”
– Three cubs born June 25, 2015 to first time mom Lomela and dad Abuto. Mom and cubs appear to be healthy and doing well.
Monkey Pavilion Babies
Howler monkey, "Jasper"
– Born January 8, 2015 to first time mother, Eva. Jasper is named after a precious stone in honor of his dad, Garnet. They can be seen in the Monkey Pavilion building in their exhibit.
Primate World Babies
– Born October 29, 2014. The orangutan baby female is the second offspring for mother Hadiah and father, Tujoh.
Rocky Mountain Wild Babies
Canada Lynx Kittens
– Four kittens born May 6, 2017, named Adelaide (Lake County), Norrie (Pitkin County), Frisco (Summit County), and Aspen (as in the famous tree). Lynx are referred to as “ghost cats,” so our keepers thought it would be clever to name them after famous Colorado ghost towns. Mom, Migina, is taking great care of her kittens. This is Migina’s third litter, and her keepers say she’s a very protective, aware mom. Visit The Waterhole June 2017 article about these kittens!