Details & Activities:
– After being accepted into Winter Teen Core, you can complete a working interview with The Loft and My Big Backyard keepers, to work in those two animal areas for hands-on experiences with animal husbandry!
– Pre-planned after school activities.
– Behind-the-Scenes animal area tours.
– Private keeper talks from staff around the Zoo and animal area enrichment help.
– Experiential education opportunities around the Zoo and Nature Trail.
– On days when it is warmer than 41 degrees, teens can help work in the Goat Playground.
– Leadership and interpretive training with Zoo staff.
– Pre-planned EdVenture trips (extra cost might not be included).
Cost & Application:
– Winter Teen Core session selection will require an application from all interested teens.
– There are only 20-30 available spots in the program, it is NOT first come first-served, all decisions will be based on applications and interviews.
– The price for Winter Teen Core Session is $300.75, which covers the entirety of the 3 month program (except EdVenture trips).
– Full payment of the program session is due 48 hours prior to the first day of the session.
– Applications will close October 22 at 12 p.m. MDT. No late applications will be accepted.