Upcoming Application Dates:
– Fall Session 2021 Dates – Returning teens only
Applications open: July 15 – July 26, 2021
Program runs: August 9, 2021 – November 11, 2021
– Winter 2021-2022 Session Dates
Applications open: October 16 – October 25, 2021
Program runs: November 12, 2021 – February 12, 2022
– Spring Session 2022 Dates – Returning teens only
Applications open: January 16 – January 25, 2022
Program runs: February 13, 2022 – May 13, 2022
Details & Activities:
Each Off-Season session offers two separate program tracks; the Loft/My Big Backyard track (divided into two groups by age; Zoo Crew for 12-14 year olds, and Junior Zoo Keeper for 15-18 year olds), and/or the Teen Core track. Once you have applied and are accepted into an Off-Season program, you can then do an in-person interview to work in The Loft or My Big Backyard. Or, if you would prefer not work in those animal areas, you are automatically always apart of the Teen Core track.
– After being accepted into an Off-Season program, you can complete a working interview with The Loft and My Big Backyard keepers, to work in those two animal areas for hands-on experiences with animal husbandry!
– Pre-planned after school activities.
– Behind-the-Scenes animal area tours.
– Private keeper talks from staff around the Zoo and animal area enrichment help.
– Experiential education opportunities around the Zoo and Nature Trail.
– On days when it is warmer than 41 degrees, teens can help work in the Goat Playground.
– Leadership and interpretive training with Zoo staff.
– Pre-planned EdVenture trips (extra trip costs may apply).
All fees for all sessions includes one t-shirt, name tag and reusable beverage cup, as well as daily supervision, program supplies and materials, keeper talks and tours, special afternoon workshops, orientation, end of season party and more!
SUMMER TEEN PROGRAM FEES*
Zoo Crew price per teen (ages 12-14):
$600.75 for our 3-month summer session, plus 1-month of training
Junior Zoo Keeper and Teen Leader price per teen (ages 15-18):
$500.75 for our 3-month summer session, plus 1-month of training
OFF-SEASON TEEN PROGRAM FEES*
All Teens (Zoo Crew, Junior Zoo Keepers &/or Teen Core) price per teen:
$300.75 per session; Fall, Winter or Spring.
– *These program fees do not include EdVenture trip fees.
– Full payment of the program session is due 48 hours prior to the first day of the session.
– Note: 75¢ from each Teen Program Registration goes to Quarters for Conservation, which expands Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s regional and global conservation efforts.
EdVenture Refunds, Cancellations or Changes
A refund request must be received no less than TWO WEEKS prior to the start of the program. If approved, the Zoo will refund the amount of the fee minus a $25 non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given after two weeks prior to the start of the program.
*If you are participating in an extended EdVenture Program (Zoo Crew, Junior Zookeeper, etc.) please send an email to the program specific supervisor to discuss refund options and policies.
We do not issue refunds for parties that do not show for their reservation. If you need to cancel or reschedule your event, please refer to the confirmation email received upon registration. For further inquiry, please email [email protected].
If the Zoo is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events, we will issue you a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit) or you may reschedule the event to the next available date and apply all payments already made toward your reservation to the new reservation.
The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a program due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen circumstances in which the Zoo is closed. If the Zoo is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events, we will issue you a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit) or you may reschedule the event to the next available date and apply all payments already made toward your reservation to the new reservation.