Details & Activities:
Each Off-Season session offers two separate program tracks, Loft/My Big Backyard (divided into groups by age; Zoo Crew for 12-14 year olds and Junior Zoo Keepr for 15-18 year olds), and/or Teen Core. Once you have applied and are accepted into an Off-Season program, you can then do an in-person interview to work in The Loft or My Big Backyard. Or, if you would prefer not work in those animal areas, you are automatically always apart of the Teen Core track.
– After being accepted into an Off-Season program, you can complete a working interview with The Loft and My Big Backyard keepers, to work in those two animal areas for hands-on experiences with animal husbandry!
– Pre-planned after school activities.
– Behind-the-Scenes animal area tours.
– Private keeper talks from staff around the Zoo and animal area enrichment help.
– Experiential education opportunities around the Zoo and Nature Trail.
– On days when it is warmer than 41 degrees, teens can help work in the Goat Playground.
– Leadership and interpretive training with Zoo staff.
– Pre-planned EdVenture trips (extra trip costs may apply).