Note: 8-year-old age minimum for this encounter.
– Helping prepare diets, positive reinforcement training, and/or creating enrichment for an animal.
– A one-of-a-kind experience meeting with the charismatic animal of your choice.
– Hear personal stories about our animals and learn what important roles their species has in their habitats.
Days & Times:
Can occur any day of the week, during normal business hours (must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance).
Encounters are typically around 30 minutes long with the species of your choice.
Additional people: $30.75 (Max group size of 4 people)
(Experience includes two people, for kids 12 and under they need a paying adult participant to accompany them.)
– Loft animal encounters are open to adults and children age 5 and up – when accompanied by an adult, unless otherwise noted.
– The Loft keeper will inform you as to which animals are available upon your arrival.
– Loft Animal Encounters must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
For more information, to book this experience or purchase a gift certificate:
EdVenture Refunds, Cancellations or Changes
A refund request must be received no less than TWO WEEKS prior to the start of the program. If approved, the Zoo will refund the amount of the fee minus a $25 non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given after two weeks prior to the start of the program.
*If you are participating in an extended EdVenture Program (Zoo Crew, Junior Zookeeper, etc.) please send an email to the program specific supervisor to discuss refund options and policies.
We do not issue refunds for parties that do not show for their reservation. If you need to cancel or reschedule your event, please refer to the confirmation email received upon registration. For further inquiry, please email [email protected].
If the Zoo is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events, we will issue you a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit) or you may reschedule the event to the next available date and apply all payments already made toward your reservation to the new reservation.
The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a program due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen circumstances in which the Zoo is closed. If the Zoo is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events, we will issue you a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit) or you may reschedule the event to the next available date and apply all payments already made toward your reservation to the new reservation.