- Strolling through the back of the African Rift Valley’s Giraffe Yard.
- Ground level reticulated giraffe viewing – see first-hand just how big giraffe are when your at the same level on the Safari Trail.
- Encounter an African spurred tortoise, a venue of vultures, and Grant’s zebra.
- Opportunities to toss food to some of these animals.
- May also include an opportunity to touch some of these animals.
– Contact us at least one week in advance to schedule this Encounter.
– The number of people permitted is dependent upon the animal chosen, and subject to the discretion of Zoo staff at the time of booking.
– Some experiences may be limited to fewer participants.
– Children 2 years old and under are FREE, may attend unless otherwise noted (often with restrictions), and they do no count toward the total group size (group size is subject to specific animal requirements).
– What you do or experience during the encounter can vary depending upon the animal chosen.
– Typical encounters include helping to feed the animal (with appropriate feeding utensils), or giving enrichment items and watching them interact.
– You will get to meet the keeper(s) and take photos of the animal(s) behind-the-scenes.
*Note: All encounters will be conducted in a protected contact situation. In most cases touching the animal will not be available.
Days & Times:
Scheduled daily, between 9:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
Encounters are 30 minutes long, with the animal of your choice.
$353 per encounter for up to four people.
Additional people, if permitted, can be added for $75.75 per person.
Includes admission to the Zoo for the day.
Payment in full will be required upon booking.
– $3 from the cost of your Animal Encounter is applied directly to Quarters for Conservation.
– 75¢ from the cost for each additional person, if permitted, is applied directly to Quarters for Conservation.
– Each Encounter group is given twelve Q4C tokens upon arrival for voting at the Quarters for Conservation token kiosks, to show their support for the conservation projects that inspire them.
Encounters need to be scheduled at least (1) one week ahead of your date/time.
Cancellations will be refunded with a minimum 24 hours notice. Rescheduling may be available.