Steps for planning your visit:
- Register your group’s visit at least two weeks in advance by completing the form below to receive the discounted group rate. This important information helps us plan staffing for busy days and have contact information for your group, particularly in the event of an emergency.
- Learn more about your visit, FAQs and logistics, within these resources:
- For groups licensed as a school in the state of Colorado use this Self-guided School Group Planning Guide
- For all other groups bringing 15+ people to the Zoo (particularly children), use this Group Visit Planning Guide
- Animal Demonstrations occur daily and many groups like to plan their visit around them.
- Interested in a classroom visit & Zoo tour guided by our docents, or an EdVenture staff-led Zoo Exploration tour, instead of a self-guided Zoo visit? Please visit our Schools and Group Programs page for more options.
- Quarters for Conservation (Q4C) is a conservation initiative at the Zoo that your group will be voting on with tokens once you enter the Zoo.
- View Zoo Map PDF
- Find adequate chaperones for your visit. Required ratio is 1 chaperone per every 10 children. Please have all of the adults in your group read the appropriate chaperone guide below before you arrive at the Zoo. Violations of these guidelines may result in eviction from the Zoo.
– School Group Chaperone Guide
– Group Chaperone Guide
- Your bus driver may be directed to park off-site. Please ensure that your bus driver is not included in the required number of chaperones for your group in case they must leave to park off-site. On busy days, the Zoo cannot guarantee on-site parking for buses and other large vehicles.
Once you have registered for your group’s visit, no further confirmation is needed unless your plans change.