For the health and safety of our guests, staff and animals, modifications have been made to ticketing, entry and daily processes. The number of guests entering the Zoo each day will be restricted through the purchase of timed e-tickets, in order to ensure proper distancing and comply with state and county health guidelines. Your ticket will indicate the earliest time you can enter the Zoo. From the ticketed time, you have a 20-minute time window to enter the Zoo (for example, if your ticket is for 10 a.m., you need to be in line to enter the Zoo by 10:20 a.m.); once you’re inside, you are welcome to stay in the Zoo until closing.
ELECTRIC SAFARI EARLY ZOO CLOSURE: The Zoo will close at 4 p.m. in preparation for Electric Safari on December 4-6, 11-23, and 25-Jan 1.
ZOO GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS WHEN INSIDE ANY BUILDINGS (for example restrooms, gift shop), due to the mandate by the state of Colorado. We also strongly encourage wearing a mask when within 6 feet of other groups in outdoor areas. Our staff is wearing masks, and so should you!
Check out this fun “animals vs. masks” video before your visit!
All Zoo visits require advance purchase of a timed e-ticket.
- Please reserve your timed e-tickets in advance using the links below; advance e-tickets are required for entry for Zoo members and non-members.
- All individuals visiting the Zoo must have their own advance e-ticket, including children age 2 and under.
- Choose your date and arrival time. A limited number of e-tickets are available to enter during each time period. If your first choice is sold out, please choose another time or day to visit.
- Please be in line to enter the Zoo within 20 minutes after your ticketed time. Early arrivals or arrivals later than 20 minutes past your ticketed entry time may not be accommodated. If you arrive early for your time slot, please wait in your car until your entry time begins. Arriving during your designated arrival time will help us manage traffic flow into our parking lot and through the admission gates
- Once you enter the Zoo during your ticketed time, you are welcome to stay as long as you like until the Zoo closes.
- Dining options will be limited and available for take-out only. No indoor dining available. Previously purchased Cheyenne Mountain Zoo souvenir cups can be refilled at restaurants by a staff member for 99¢ (plus tax).
- If you or anyone in your party is experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please stay home and visit us again when you’re better. For more information on the symptoms and how to protect yourself, please refer to the CDC’s website resources.
– Everyone visiting the Zoo must have their own advance e-ticket, including children age 2 and under.
– Each block of e-tickets allows only a set number of people per entry time, so if your first choice of arrival time/day is sold out, please try another option.
– No refunds or exchanges. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is an all-weather venue and is open 365 days a year, regardless of weather. No refunds or exchanges will be given for inclement weather.
– Please be in line to enter the Zoo within 20 minutes after your ticketed time. Early or late arrivals, more than 20 minutes past your ticketed entry time, may not be accommodated. If you arrive early for your time slot, please wait in your car until your entry time begins.
– Additional advance tickets are released each Tuesday at 10 p.m. (This weekly roll-out includes a week’s worth of tickets that begin two weeks from the release date.)
Here’s the 10 p.m. release schedule for tickets through January 4, 2021.
Nov. 24 release – Tickets for Dec. 8-14
Dec. 1 release – Tickets for Dec. 15-21
Dec. 8 release – Tickets for Dec. 22-28
Dec. 15 release – Tickets for Dec. 29-Jan. 4
If you have any questions or concerns about your experience under this new state-mandated precaution level, please email [email protected].
– ELECTRIC SAFARI EARLY ZOO CLOSURE: The Zoo will close at 4 p.m. in preparation for Electric Safari on December 4-6, 11-23, and 25-Jan 1.
- While visiting the Zoo, please maintain 6 feet of space from all other household groups and staff. Please follow special distancing instructions at the admissions gate to provide for appropriate space between parties. Instructions will be provided near the Zoo entrance.
- Please be in line to enter the Zoo within 20 minutes after your ticketed time. Early arrivals or arrivals later than 20 minutes past your ticketed entry time may not be accommodated. If you arrive early for your time slot, please wait in your car until your entry time begins. Arriving during your designated arrival time will help us manage traffic flow into our parking lot and through the admission gates.
- There will be no re-entry. Please make sure that you have everything with you before entering the Zoo.
- Zoo guests are required by our county health department to divide between visiting our exhibits clockwise or counterclockwise through the Zoo. You will be directed which way you will need to move through the Zoo once you’re inside the front gate.
- You will see our staff constantly sanitizing high-touch areas of the Zoo throughout the day.
- You will find hand washing stations and hand sanitizer at regular intervals as you move through the Zoo.
- All staff will be wearing masks when within 6 feet of other staff members or Zoo guests.
- OUR STAFF IS WEARING MASKS, AND SO SHOULD YOU! Zoo guests are required to wear masks when inside any buildings, due to the recent mandate by the state of Colorado. Masks are required in restrooms and in the gift shop. We also strongly encourage wearing a mask when within 6 feet of other households in outdoor areas. Check out this fun “animals vs. masks” video before your visit!
- Per “Severe Risk” precautions, most indoor areas of the Zoo are now closed to the public
- Please follow posted instructions for one-way traffic flow for physical distancing in certain areas of the Zoo.
- Closed and/or monitored capacity areas in and around the Zoo will be clearly defined with signage. Please understand there are temporary limitations and modifications put in place that may change the way you are used to experiencing the Zoo.
- The guest golf cart shuttle will be running with physical distancing modifications in place. Purchase all-day access for $2 from the shuttle driver.
- The Sky Ride will be open on weekends, with appropriate physical distancing modifications in place. Purchase your Sky Ride pass at the Admissions booth (Members: $4 adult, $3 children; Non-Members: $5 adult, $4 child).
- Quarters for Conservation tokens will be sanitized and available to guests at the front gate.
- To prevent the congregation of large groups of guests, no scheduled animal demonstrations will be available during this time. However, you may come across “pop-up” experiences throughout your visit.
- Food service will be limited during this time. No indoor dining is available.
- Previously purchased Cheyenne Mountain Zoo souvenir cups can be refilled at restaurants by a staff member for 99¢ (plus tax).
- Thundergod Gift Shop is open with limited guest capacity and a one-way traffic flow.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are available for rent, and will be sanitized between rentals.
Anyone who is listed on a current membership can get fully discounted member timed e-tickets.
– Each individual visiting the Zoo must have their own advance e-ticket, including children age 2 and under.
– For an Individual Plus membership, the primary card holder and his/her guest is included. (If you would normally bring a child age 2 or under with your membership, be sure to reserve a Member Child ticket for that child. If there are not enough Member Child tickets available, you may also purchase a 2 and under non-member ticket for 75¢.)
– For a Family or Grandparent membership, the one or two adults and any children listed on the card are included.
– For Family Plus and higher, any “Plus” people are included (x1 for Family Plus, x2 for Conservator and higher).
– Third Adults can also get the member ticket if they are listed on the membership.
– Additional guests that are not included on the membership must purchase non-member tickets.
– For any question regarding your membership, please call 719-424-7815 and/or 719-424-7830 or email [email protected].