Great Apes Gone Wild.
In Primate World, you can see the great apes face-to-face at our indoor and outdoor glass viewing.
- Observe Western Lowland gorillas outdoors in a natural mountainside habitat.
- Watch orangutans climb in their outdoor playground that offers the best view in town.
- See a Siamang pair showing off their swinging abilities and some of the loudest vocalizations in the Zoo.
Located at the southern tip of Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Primate World was originally built in the 1960s, then was renovated in the 1990s. In the spring of 2017 more exciting renovations were done, giving our primates additional choices and spaces. Watch for the new mesh training panel, where guests can now get an up-close look at how keepers work with our orangutans!
- Find out when Primate World animal shows and talks happen!
- Admire the Orangutan Art Gallery in Primate World, which is for sale in the gift shop and online to benefit orangutan conservation and to tackle the Palm Oil Crisis!
Listen to a gorilla!