Today’s Zoo Hours
Exceptions to Normal Hours
BOO AT THE ZOO EARLY CLOSURES:
– The Zoo will close at 3 p.m. in preparation for Boo at the Zoo on October 17-18, 23-24, 30-31 & Nov. 1.
– Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun will close at 12:00 p.m. (last car up at 11 a.m.), for Boo at the Zoo on October 17-18, 23-24, 30-31 & Nov. 1.
– Please visit our Alerts & Special Notices page for details and future updates.
Located in southwest Colorado Springs on the side of Cheyenne Mountain, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is situated just above (to the west) of The Broadmoor.
Driving directions to the Zoo from I-25
- Take exit 138 (Circle Drive).
- Go west on Lake Avenue, toward The Broadmoor.
- Turn right at the hotel roundabout; follow the signs to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
Today's Special Events
Attractions, Food & Gifts
Round out your visit by soaring above the Zoo, grabbing some stone-fired pizza or taking home a new stuffed-animal friend. Learn more about our rides, attractions, eateries and the Thundergod Gift Shop.
At America's mountain Zoo, connect with animals from all over the world, closer than you ever have before. Hand-feed Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's magnificent giraffe herd, which is one of the largest at any zoo in the U.S. Be sure to visit Rocky Mountain Wild, featuring animals native to our climate, where you can watch mountain lions overhead or grizzly bears swimming. For the forth consecutive year, we've been voted one of the top ten zoos in North America by USA TODAY 10Best Readers' Choice Awards. And don't miss the brand-new Water's Edge: Africa, with up-close views that you've never seen before of our Nile hippos, African penguins and others.
Experience the Zoo in a whole new way, by booking a custom animal experience. Go behind the scenes with our keepers to learn about each animal's unique personality. See an animal in a personal setting, and maybe even get the chance to feed one.