Today's Zoo Hours
Exceptions to Normal Hours
(Normal daytime Zoo hours are year-round, daily, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., unless otherwise noted.)
- The Zoo will be hosting Dog Days, all day, on the following dates:
– Tuesday, March 12, and Thursday, March 14, 2024.
– For these special dates, the Zoo is open for regular admission, but you can also bring your well-behaved dog to the Zoo with you (dog tickets are limited).
- The Zoo will close early at 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 18 & Sunday, May 19 for Run to the Shrine.
- Our grizzly bears won’t be visible to guests until early summer 2024. Read why at cmzoo.org/bears!
- The carousel is currently CLOSED for relocation. We anticipate it will resume operation by Summer 2024. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Please visit our Alerts & Special Notices page for complete details.
Located in southwest Colorado Springs on the side of Cheyenne Mountain, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is situated just above (to the west) of The Broadmoor.
Driving directions to the Zoo from I-25
- Take exit 138 (Circle Drive).
- Go west on Lake Avenue, toward The Broadmoor.
- Turn right at the hotel roundabout; follow the signs to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
- Google Maps Driving Directions
Timed e-tickets must be purchased in advance, and are subject to selling out on popular days. Your ticket will indicate the earliest time you can enter the Zoo. From the ticketed time, you have a half-hour window to enter the Zoo (for example, if your ticket is for 10 a.m., you need to be in line to enter the Zoo by 10:30 a.m.). Once you’re inside, you are welcome to stay in the Zoo until closing time (typically 5 p.m.).
- Please reserve your timed e-tickets in advance using the links below; advance e-tickets are required for entry for Zoo members and non-members. Why Advance Tickets?
- View the 2024 Zoo Ticket Pricing Calendar PDF here
- All individuals visiting the Zoo must have their own advance e-ticket, including children age 2 and under.
- Choose your date and arrival time. A limited number of e-tickets are available to enter during each time period. If your first choice is sold out, please choose another time or day to visit.
- Visit our Alerts & Special Notices page for complete details.
- No refunds or exchanges. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is an all-weather venue and is open 365 days a year, regardless of weather. No refunds or exchanges will be given for inclement weather or any other reason.
- Daytime admission tickets become available at 10 p.m. on the 15th of the month, three months in advance. (For example, tickets for the entire month of May are available beginning at 10 p.m. Feb. 15.)
- For all ticket assistance or questions, email [email protected].
Today's Special Events
At America's mountain Zoo, connect with animals from all over the world, closer than you ever have before. Hand-feed Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's magnificent giraffe herd, which is one of the largest at any zoo in the U.S. Be sure to visit Rocky Mountain Wild, featuring animals native to our climate, where you can watch mountain lions overhead or grizzly bears swimming. For the seventh consecutive year, we've been voted one of the top ten zoos in North America by USA TODAY 10Best Readers' Choice Awards. And don't miss Water's Edge: Africa, with up-close views that you've never seen before of our Nile hippos, African penguins and others.
Experience the Zoo in a whole new way, by booking a custom animal experience. Go behind the scenes with our keepers to learn about each animal's unique personality. See an animal in a personal setting, and maybe even get the chance to feed one.