Plan a Visit
Here, you do more than just watch. Visit 365 days a year for family fun – from up-close experiences and animal demos to taking a trip on the carousel or Mountaineer Sky Ride. Ranked as one of the top zoos in the country by USAToday 10Best and Trip Advisor, you’ll get to explore innovative exhibits, enjoy fun events and find attractions to keep you entertained.
Advance tickets are required. Why Advance Tickets?
Advance Timed Tickets
Timed e-tickets must be purchased in advance, and are subject to selling out on popular days. Your ticket will indicate the earliest time you can enter the Zoo. From the ticketed time, you have a half-hour window to enter the Zoo (for example, if your ticket is for 10 a.m., you need to be in line to enter the Zoo by 10:30 a.m.). Once you’re inside, you are welcome to stay in the Zoo until closing time (typically 5 p.m.).
- Please reserve your timed e-tickets in advance using the links below; advance e-tickets are required for entry for Zoo members and non-members. Why Advance Tickets?
- View the Zoo Ticket Pricing Calendar PDF here
- All individuals visiting the Zoo must have their own advance e-ticket, including children age 2 and under.
- Choose your date and arrival time. A limited number of e-tickets are available to enter during each time period. If your first choice is sold out, please choose another time or day to visit. NOTE: Before you get tickets, view any Alerts & Special Notices.
- No refunds or exchanges. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is an all-weather venue and is open 365 days a year, regardless of weather. No refunds or exchanges will be given for inclement weather or any other reason.
- Daytime admission tickets become available on the 15th of the month, three months in advance. (For example, tickets for the entire month of May are available beginning Feb. 15.)
- For all ticket assistance or questions, email [email protected].
Hours & Directions
Today's Zoo Hours
Exceptions to Normal Hours
(Normal daytime Zoo hours are year-round, daily, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., unless otherwise noted.)
- From March 11-26, 2023 the Mountaineer Sky Ride will be open daily for Spring Break from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (last ride at 1:30 p.m.), weather permitting.
- On Friday, April 7, and Sunday, April 9, 2023, the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun will be closed for Good Friday and Easter holidays.
- On Saturday, May 20 and Sunday, May 21, 2023, the Zoo will close early for Run to the Shrine: Zoo daytime hours will be 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., last timed ticket 2:30-3 p.m., last Sky Ride 3 p.m., Shrine closes at 4 p.m. (last car up at 3 p.m.). The Zoo will reopen for Run to the Shrine at 5 p.m.
- On Thursday, June 29, 2023, the Zoo will close early for Moonlight on the Mountain: Zoo daytime hours will be 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Encounter Africa and Lion Level Lions will close at 3:30 p.m., last timed ticket 2:30-3 p.m., last Sky Ride 3 p.m., Shrine closes at 4 p.m. (last car up at 3 p.m.). The Zoo will reopen for Moonlight on the Mountain 5 p.m. for VIP early-entry ticket holders, and 6 p.m. for general admission ticket holders.
- Please visit our Alerts & Special Notices page for complete details.
Located in southwest Colorado Springs on the side of Cheyenne Mountain, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is situated just above (to the west) of The Broadmoor.
Driving directions to the Zoo from I-25
- Take exit 138 (Circle Drive).
- Go west on Lake Avenue, toward The Broadmoor.
- Turn right at the hotel roundabout; follow the signs to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
- Google Maps Driving Directions
Daily Schedules (weather permitting)
Today's Special Events
There are no special events scheduled for today.
At America's mountain Zoo, connect with animals from all over the world, closer than you ever have before. Hand-feed Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's magnificent giraffe herd, which is one of the largest at any zoo in the U.S. Be sure to visit Rocky Mountain Wild, featuring animals native to our climate, where you can watch mountain lions overhead or grizzly bears swimming. For the seventh consecutive year, we've been voted one of the top ten zoos in North America by USA TODAY 10Best Readers' Choice Awards. And don't miss Water's Edge: Africa, with up-close views that you've never seen before of our Nile hippos, African penguins and others.
Custom Animal Experiences
Experience the Zoo in a whole new way, by booking a custom animal experience. Go behind the scenes with our keepers to learn about each animal's unique personality. See an animal in a personal setting, and maybe even get the chance to feed one.