Come See the Original Creatures of the Night.
It’ll be all treats and no tricks for your little pirates and princesses at this year’s Boo at the Zoo, the region’s most unique Halloween event. Boo at the Zoo is a fun way for families with young children to trick-or-treat and enjoy Halloween festivities in a safe environment, and all of our candy is made with sustainable palm oil to help protect wild orangutans!
DOWNLOAD & SHARE our Orangutan-friendly Halloween Candy Guide 2018 PDF
DOWNLOAD & ENJOY our FREE Sustainable Palm Oil Shopping Guide App
2019 Dates – Open 7 nights!
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, October 18-19-20
Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Thursday, October 25-26-27 & 31
4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – with the last admission at 7:30 p.m.
2019 TICKETS, PARKING & COSTUMES:
- Advance ticket pricing is closed. Please check back in 2019.
- Day-of tickets will be available for purchase at the gate ONLY if not sold out in advance.
- Ticket prices increase by $3 each at the gate.
– Parking: On-site parking is limited and is not guaranteed with advance ticket purchase.
If the Zoo’s parking lot is full, follow the signs to our free off-site shuttle parking lot.
– Costume Requirements: For the safety of all guests, costume masks and costume weapons may not be worn by guests 12 years of age or older. Masks worn by guests 11 years of age and younger must have openings that allow the eyes to be seen and that do not obstruct peripheral vision.
– Trick-or-treat bags: Support the Zoo’s efforts to reduce waste by bringing your own trick-or-treat bag from home!
Sample DOWNLOAD / VIEW the BOO PROGRAM 2018 PDF – includes map, animal shows and activities.
Please note: The Zoo will close early for day visits at 3 p.m. on all seven Boo at the Zoo evenings, with the last admission at 2 p.m. Guests must exit the Zoo at 3 p.m. The Shrine Road closes at 1 p.m. The Zoo will open for Boo at the Zoo at 4 p.m.
Costs & Discounts
No passes or other coupons accepted. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Boo at the Zoo is an all-weather event. Refunds are not available.
Online Advance Tickets (not available for day-of tickets)
$19.75 for ages 3-64
$14.75 for Zoo members
$17.75 Military and 65+
75¢ for ages 2 and under
At the gate pricing (if not sold out)
$24.75 for ages 3-64
$19.75 for Zoo members
$22.75 Military and 65+
75¢ for ages 2 and under
All discounted tickets will not be honored at the gate without proper identification. One discount per purchase; discounts cannot be combined.
*For details about purchasing discounted BOO Member tickets, see the CMZoo Member expandable below.
**Military discount is offered to all active duty, veteran and retired military personnel any day of the year. Bring any of the following to qualify for the discount for you and your dependents living in the same household:
- A valid military / retired military ID
- A copy of your DD214
- Your state driver’s license printed with veteran indicator or military identifier
- Your ID issued by the VA, VFW or American Legion
This discount cannot be combined with other offers. A valid military ID is required upon purchase.
Online tickets can be refunded or exchanged up to two weeks prior to purchased date. (For example, tickets purchased for Oct. 20 can be refunded through Oct. 5 only.)
Questions regarding tickets:
Activities & Animal Shows
Don your costume, bring your trick-or-treat bag and flashlight to the wildest Halloween event in town. It’ll be a frightfully good time!
Last Sky Ride is at 8 p.m.
- Haunted House – ages 6 and up, strobe lights in use (Lodge at Moose Lake),
- Spooky Graveyard – (Scutes Family Gallery),
- Trick-or-treat at Spooky Treat Stations (throughout the Boo at the Zoo path),
- Boo carousel – $2 per person per ride (across from Grizzly Grill),
- Pirates Cove – (Australia Walkabout),
- Lighted Pumpkin Patch – (My Big Backyard),
- Sky Ride – $3 if purchased with BOO admission tickets at gate (last ride goes up at 8 p.m.),
- Select animal exhibits are open, including giraffe, African lions, elephant barn, Monkey Pavilion, Scutes Family Gallery, Australia Walkabout, The Loft and the Goat Experience.
ANIMAL SHOWS SCHEDULE for evenings of:
(Weather permitting. Animal areas close at 8:30 p.m.)
Please check back closer to the event for the 2019 Animal Shows schedule.
BOO MEMBER TICKET PRICING
Boo Online Advanced Member Tickets (not available for day-of tickets)
$14.75 for ages 3+
75c for ages 2 and under
Boo Member Tickets at the Gate (If not sold out)
$19.75 for ages 3+
75c for ages 2 and under
How to purchase member discounted tickets:
If you have already registered as a member, simply login to the member portal HERE, then go to the top right-hand corner of the screen for login. The member discount will appear in the final shopping cart, once your tickets have been chosen.
If you are having trouble logging in, you can choose the ‘forgot my password’ option and the email you registered with will receive a link to reset the password for login. If you do not receive a reset email, you likely never registered as a member and can do that before purchasing your Boo tickets at the top right-hand corner, here. If you cannot remember the email you registered with, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to send you that information.
Please Note: You won’t be able to renew your Membership during the nights of Boo at the Zoo. To renew online now visit our Membership page. Member tickets will be validated for current membership at the gate.
Who qualifies for the member rate?
Anyone who is listed on a current membership can get the Boo at the Zoo Member rate. For an Individual Plus membership, the primary card holder and his/her guest is included; for a Family or Grandparent membership, the one or two primary adults and any children listed on the card are included; for Family Plus and higher, any “Plus” people are included (x1 for Family Plus, x2 for Conservator and higher). Third Adults can also get the member rate if they are listed on the membership. Additional guests who are not included on the membership must pay the non-member rate.
Volunteers are crucial to the success and safety of Boo at the Zoo. Positions include passing out candy, delivering candy, directing traffic in parking lot and crossing guards. All volunteers must be high school age or older.
Please contact us if you or your group is interested in more details for volunteering. We will not assign specific positions until the evening of the event.
Volunteering Interest or Questions? Please email [email protected].
Treat Station & Sponsor Information
- If you are interested in sponsoring Boo at the Zoo, please contact Jenny Koch 719-424-7814 or email [email protected].
- If you are interested in a Spooky Treat Station at Boo at the Zoo, please contact 719-424-7847 or email [email protected].
Thank you to our generous sponsors for supporting Boo at the Zoo!