Lights, Animals and Holiday Spirit!
Celebrate holiday lights and cheer during Electric Safari with 85 light sculptures on over 50 acres! Warming fires throughout the Zoo offer a reprieve from the chill, as do select indoor animal exhibits that remain open during the event. Top off this astounding display by gazing out at the city’s lights and watch all of Colorado Springs sparkle.
2019 DATES – open 22 nights!
Nightly, December 6-8
Nightly, December 13 – 23
Nightly, December 25 – January 1, 2020
(*Electric Safari is NOT open on Christmas Eve, December 24)
He’s here with Mrs. Claus nightly through December 23 – see Activities below for details.
Tickets & Cost
Please check back in October 2019 for pricing and tickets!
Online tickets can be refunded or exchanged up to two weeks prior to purchased date. (For example, tickets purchased for use night of Dec. 20, can be refunded through Dec. 5 only.)
**The military discount is offered to all active duty, veteran and retired military personnel any day of the year. Bring any of the following to qualify for the discount for you and your dependents living in the same household:
- A valid military / retired military ID
- A copy of your DD214
- Your state driver’s license printed with veteran indicator or military identifier
- Your ID issued by the VA, VFW or American Legion
Group tickets (minimum 15 people per group) are $1 off per person for Electric Safari Zoo-Only or Combo Sky Ride regular-priced tickets.
Discounted group entry is available at the ticket window if the group arrives together and pays in a single transaction.
DOWNLOAD a sample of the 2018 ELECTRIC SAFARI PROGRAM PDF, (Includes map, animal happenings, Santa, activities and more!)
- Interactive activities and face-to-face experiences with animals in The Loft at Rocky Mountain Wild.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus are visiting in the Safari Lodge nightly starting at 5:30 p.m., through December 23.
- Special Animal Encounters and Animal Happenings nightly, see detailed schedule below.
- Sky Ride – tickets are available at Admissions. Adult $4, Child $3, 2 and under FREE.
(Be in line by 7:30 p.m., last Sky Ride leaves at 8 p.m. – weather permitting)
- Carousel – $2 per ride (weather permitting)
- Enjoy warming fires and hot cocoa stations (available for purchase) throughout the Zoo.
- Select animal exhibits are open, including:
- African Rift Valley Giraffe Building
- Elephant/rhino barn
- Rocky Mountain Wild (except grizzlies)
- Asian Highlands
- Scutes Family Gallery
- Australia Walkabout
- Monkey Pavilion
- Restaurants open during Electric Safari:
- Grizzly Grill
- Cozy Goat Espresso Bar
- Pizza with a View
- Elson’s Place
- Rocky Mountain Barbeque CO. – open for beverages only
- Hot chocolate available at the Thundergod Gift Shop and Dip-in-Dots station in Rocky Mountain Wild
Be a SECRET SANTA to the animals!
You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I’m telling you why….Santa and Mrs. Claus are coming to town!
DATES: Nightly, December 6-8 & 13-23
TIME: 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Safari Lodge in African Rift Valley
WHAT: Ho, ho, ho! Santa and Mrs. Clauis are visting Safari Lodge. Snap a photo with the big man in red while you tell him what’s on your holiday wish list!
Get hands-on with Zoo animals throughout each evening.
– The Loft – (Rocky Mountain Wild)
Experience the excitement of coming face-to-face with some of our smaller animals. Bring your curiosities!
– Giraffes – (African Rift Valley)
A guest favorite! Hand-feed our long-necked friends in the Giraffe Barn— $3 per lettuce bundle, or $5 for two.
– Budgies – (Australia Walkabout)
Hold a specially-crafted seed stick for our colorful budgies to enjoy in the Budgie Building— $1 each.
Please check back here in November 2019 for the Animal Happenings schedule.
Due to the popularity of Electric Safari, off-site parking and a FREE shuttle will be available once the Zoo lot is full on busy nights.
Watch for signs as you drive up the mountain that will direct you to our FREE off-site parking shuttle – if the Zoo lot is full.
Shuttles will only run if necessary, and the off-site location is subject to change.
Watch for the signs which will have the most up-to-the-minute information.
Our members receive FREE, unlimited visits to Electric Safari!*
– Reserve your FREE member tickets to Electric Safari now, online in advance.
– Member tickets will be available at the gate.
– *Sorry, the Sky Ride Day Pass is not applicable to this event.
Please check back in October 2019 for pricing and tickets!
Please note: – You will not be able to purchase or renew a membership at Electric Safari – please join or renew online before you attend the event, and bring a printed copy of your order receipt to check in as a current member.
*Who can attend Electric Safari for free? Anyone who is listed on a current membership can attend Electric Safari. For an Individual Plus membership, the primary card holder and his/her guest is included; for a Family or Grandparent membership, the one or two primary adults and any children listed on the card are included; for Family Plus and higher, any “Plus” people are included (x1 for Family Plus, and x2 for Conservator and higher). Third Adults can also attend if they are listed on the membership. Guest passes are accepted but they must be presented at the front gate for admission. If you have questions, you may call 719-424-7830 or email [email protected].
Custom Parties during Electric Safari
Party with over a million lights
Looking for a unique venue for your company’s holiday party this season? The Lodge at Moose Lake is available for private rental during Electric Safari! For details, please contact April Nance with Taste, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s exclusive caterer, at 719-314-0970 or [email protected].
Looking to volunteer this holiday season? Well look no further! Cheyenne Mountain Zoo needs volunteering hearts for Electric Safari! The time commitment is from 5 – 8:30 p.m., with check-in at 4:45 pm. All those under 18 will need an adult who is volunteering with them.