Lights, Animals and Holiday Spirit!
Celebrate holiday lights and cheer during Electric Safari with 85 light sculptures on over 50 acres! Warming fires throughout the Zoo offer a reprieve from the chill, as do select indoor animal exhibits that remain open during the event. Top off this astounding display by gazing out at the city’s lights and watch all of Colorado Springs sparkle.
2018 DATES – open 21 nights!
Nightly, December 7-9
Nightly, December 14 – 23
Nightly, December 25 – January 1, 2019
(*Electric Safari is NOT open on Christmas Eve, December 24)
4:30 to 5:30 p.m. – early entrance for Zoo members and their paying guests
5:30 to 8:30 p.m. (last admission sold at 7:30 p.m.)
Want to know what to expect?
DOWNLOAD / VIEW – Sample ELECTRIC SAFARI PROGRAM 2017 PDF
(Includes map, animal shows and activities.)
He’s here nightly through December 23 – see Activities below for details.
*Please Note – Daytime Zoo Hours:
- Christmas Eve, December 24 – Electric Safari is CLOSED.
- Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day: The Zoo will close early for daytime visits at 3 p.m. , with the last ticket of the day sold at 2 p.m. Guests must exit the Zoo at 3 p.m. Last Sky Ride is at 2:30 p.m. The Zoo will open for Electric Safari at 4:30 p.m. for Zoo members and their guests, and at 5:30 p.m. for nonmembers. A separate admission fee is required for Electric Safari for non-members.
- Non-Holiday December Electric Safari days: The Zoo will close at 4 p.m. (last admission at 3 p.m.). The Zoo will reopen for Electric Safari at 4:30 p.m. for Zoo members and their guests, and at 5:30 p.m. for nonmembers. All guests are required to exit the Zoo at 4 p.m. and re-enter. A separate admission fee is required for Electric Safari for non-members.
Tickets & Cost
Ticket prices to be posted closer to the event.
Group tickets (minimum 15 people per group) are $1 off per person for Electric Safari Zoo-Only or Combo Sky Ride regular-priced tickets.
Discounted group entry is available at the ticket window if the group arrives together and pays in a single transaction.
- Interactive activities in The Loft. Santa is in the Safari Lodge through Dec. 23.
- Special Animal Encounters, Shows and Keeper Talks nightly, see detailed schedule below.
- Other open attractions include Sky Ride (see Tickets & Cost) and Carousel ($2). Be in line for the Sky Ride no later than 7:30 p.m.
- Download a sample program SAMPLE ELECTRIC SAFARI PROGRAM 2017 PDF (Includes map, animal shows and activities.)
- Select animal exhibits are open during the event, including the giraffe building, elephant/rhino barn, Rocky Mountain Wild (except grizzlies), Asian Highlands, Scutes Family Gallery, Australia Walkabout and Monkey Pavilion.
- Be a Secret Santa to the Animals to receive discount admission – see details in the ‘Tickets’ expandable section above.
You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I’m telling you why….Santa Claus is coming to town!
DATES: Nightly December 7-9 & 14-23
TIME: 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Safari Lodge in African Rift Valley
WHAT: Get into the holiday spirit while you await your turn to meet Kris Kringle! Santa Zone features amazing lights, an opportunity to write a letter to Santa and a warming fire.
Animal Encounters, Shows & Keeper Talks:
To be announced closer to the event.
Due to the popularity of Electric Safari, off-site parking and a FREE shuttle will be available once the Zoo lot is full on busy nights.
Watch for signs as you drive up for shuttle information and directions to the off-site parking location.
Custom Parties during Electric Safari
Party with over a million lights
Looking for a unique venue for your company’s holiday party this season? The Lodge at Moose Lake is available for private rental during Electric Safari! For details, please contact April Nance with Taste, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s exclusive caterer, at 719-314-0970 or [email protected].
Looking to volunteer this holiday season? Well look no further! Cheyenne Mountain Zoo needs volunteering hearts for Electric Safari! The time commitment is from 5:00 pm -8:30 pm with check-in at 4:45 pm. All those under 18 will need an adult who is volunteering with them.
Interested in volunteering? Please contact Kelsey at [email protected] or 719-424-7840.