Oversized Fun for Oversized Imaginations.
Interactive family learning located in the heart of the Zoo. Discover the great outdoors through hands-on experiences that will bring you up-close with some of its wild creatures, while learning how we all can share our beautiful Colorado habitat!
My Big Backyard is full of colossal surprises to spark kids’ imaginations, and provide interactive activities for the whole family!
- Take hands-on to the next level with the Chicken Feeding Experience! And don’t miss chicken training, where you can see just how smart these birds really are!
- Go wild in our one-of-a-kind, nature-themed playground, which features big ants, a crawl-through snake and giant climbable mushrooms.
- Watch the giant koi swimming in an outdoor pond.
- Get hands-on with tortoises and rabbits as they explore the gardens.
- Explore an authentic tree house filled with frogs, newts, and bugs.
All of this—and more—encourages kids to use their imaginations outdoors, either in My Big Backyard or in their own backyard.