Zoo Crew Explorer Sign-up Opportunities:
- CONSERVATION STATIONS for Exploration, Conservation, and Education: Engaging guests in different activities, games, and presentations focusing on Conservation and Education. Throughout the Zoo the teens will have ‘stations’ that they will rotate around to during the day, these stations are great ways to interact with guests and gain public speaking and interpretive skills.
- EDVENTURE TRIPS: Zoo Crew members have the opportunity to join us for EdVenture trips that occur throughout the summer months. On average there will be 3 trips offered a month, anything from white water rafting, zip lining, hiking, survival skills, primitive skills, crafting, climbing, biking, laser tag, and opportunities to travel internationally.
- ASSIST KEEPERS in The Loft, My Big Backyard and Goat Yard: Assisting Loft keepers with basic husbandry skills, interact with Zoo guests while preparing diets, making treats for the animals or creating fun crafts.
- JUNIOR CAMP MENTOR for Summer Camps: Helping with daily camp activities and gaining valuable experience working with both children and animals.
- FACE PAINTING and BUTTON MAKING: Opportunities to artistically express their passion for animals painting guest’s faces. Button cart area additionally provides teens a strong work ethic and public speaking through helping guests create and build their own personalized Cheyenne Mountain Zoo souvenirs.
All summer Teen Programs combine hands-on:
– conservation, wildlife biology and outdoor adventure
– international travel opportunities and community service
– job skills, education, leadership and FUN!
This program offers opportunities 7 days a week with an online sign-up process, so families can look through their schedule together and sign-up accordingly. There is a minimum amount of 120 participation hours per teen required over the duration of the summer program.
All fees for all sessions includes one t-shirt, name tag and reusable beverage cup, as well as daily supervision, program supplies and materials, keeper talks and tours, special afternoon workshops, orientation, end of season party and more!
Application fee: a $25 non-refundable fee for each applicant/application is required to begin the application process.
SUMMER TEEN PROGRAM FEES*
Zoo Crew price per teen (Middle School, 6th – 8th grades):
$700.75 for our 3-month summer session, plus 1-month of training
Junior Zoo Keeper and Teen Leader price per teen (High School, 9th – 12th grades):
$600.75 for our 3-month summer session, plus 1-month of training
OFF-SEASON TEEN PROGRAM FEES*
All Teens (Zoo Crew, Junior Zoo Keepers &/or Teen Core) price per teen:
$400.75 per session; Fall, Winter or Spring.
– *These program fees do not include EdVenture trip fees.
– Full payment of the program session is due 48 hours prior to the first day of the session.
– Note: 75¢ from each Teen Program Registration goes to Quarters for Conservation, which expands Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s regional and global conservation efforts.
Summer Scholarship Information
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo has a scholarship fund for its Summer Teen Program and is committed to working with families to make sure price is not a limiting factor in their child’s experience.
- Due to limited funding, only partial scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarships apply to the Zoo’s Summer Teen Program.
- Criteria for selecting children for the program is based upon a first come, first served and need basis.
- Once accepted into a season Teen Program, you will receive information about scholarships available through our Teen Program Portal.
EdVenture Refunds, Cancellations or Changes
A refund request must be received no less than TWO WEEKS prior to the start of the program. If approved, the Zoo will refund the amount of the fee minus 25% of the program fee. No refunds will be given after two weeks prior to the start of the program.
*If you are participating in an extended EdVenture Program (Zoo Crew, Junior Zookeeper, etc.) please send an email to the program specific supervisor to discuss refund options and policies.
We do not issue refunds for parties that do not show for their reservation. If you need to cancel or reschedule your event, please refer to the confirmation email received upon registration. For further inquiry, please email [email protected].
If the Zoo is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events, we will issue you a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit) or you may reschedule the event to the next available date and apply all payments already made toward your reservation to the new reservation.
The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a program due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen circumstances in which the Zoo is closed. If the Zoo is closed due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events, we will issue you a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit) or you may reschedule the event to the next available date and apply all payments already made toward your reservation to the new reservation.