Dates & Hours
- Summer Internships begin in May and June.
- Fall/Winter Internships beginning date is negotiable, and should be discussed during the interview process.
- Eight hour shifts per day; minimum three (3) days per week.
- 240 hours total required.
Since we approach our internships as enrollment into a learning institution, certain fees apply. (CMZ Internships fees vary by season.)
– March 1 – August 31, $505
– September 1 – February 28, $305
– A Zoo Internship Application below must be submitted in advance via the ‘Apply Here’ link provided.
– A $100.00 non-refundable deposit is due upon acceptance.
– Full payment is due at your scheduled orientation.
– Please consult your school’s career counselor to inquire about receiving academic credit for your internship.
– Note: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo reserves the right to discontinue an internship at any time if student does not follow rules/guidelines. No refunds will be granted on fees if internship is more than half-way completed at time of termination.
Although there is no guarantee for intern approval, area preference will be given to those who submit their application for each season by these dates:
– For the spring/summer season (April- August) by March 1st
– For the fall/winter season (September- March) by August 15th
Summer Interns – notified on or by March 15th.
Fall/Winter Interns – submissions will be accepted until all positions are filled.