Details & Requirements
– Book at least 2 weeks prior to requested date, call early for availability.
– Schedule the Docent-led tour 4-7 days after the classroom visit.
– One (1) adult chaperone and/or teacher per group of students are 75¢ each.
– Students are to be supervised by their chaperone after the Docent-led tour, and while on Zoo grounds.
– Additional adults with the group receive $2 off current admission price and they must prepay the teacher prior to the tour.
– Children under age of 3 are 75¢
– We are unable to accept passes or Zoo Memberships in place of admission fees for Docent-led tours.
– Adults paying at the front gate will pay the regular Zoo admission and may NOT join the Docent-led tour. These adults will have to meet up with the groups at the drop-off area after the tour.
– Most, but not all classroom visits have biofacts, and not all tours have a safari. Please refer to the Teacher’s Guide below for details.
– Please note: School buses and other vehicles that require more than one parking space will be required to park at an off-site location. Transportation to and from the off-site location is the responsibility of the visiting group. For details, visit our off-site bus parking information. Please do not include bus drivers in your chaperone count.