There’s no cost to enjoy vulture-themed activities, but advance admission to the Zoo is required.
Things to Do
Explore booths and participate in activities celebrating vultures throughout African Rift Valley:
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Docents will present educational biofacts and have binoculars available to observe any turkey vultures flying over Cheyenne Mountain. (in Giraffe Plaza)
- Visit our selfie station and take your own photos with vulture-themed items. Share your selfies and passion for vultures on your own social media accounts with the hashtags #IVAD2023 and #CMZoo. (in Giraffe Plaza)
- Play an interactive game to understand the dangers of eating poisonous meat for vultures in the wild. (at the Baobab Tree across from the giraffe barn)
- Engage with an interactive ‘cleaning station’ which demonstrates the unique ways vultures stay clean. (in Giraffe Plaza)
- Learn about vultures’ defense skills at the ‘vomit’ throwing station. (at Colobus monkey and zebra exhibits)
- Vulture keeper talk and demonstration (at Giraffe Plaza, near the giraffe statues)