Help our keepers with their animal husbandry duties!
A perfect fit for those looking to get experience in the field of zoology or animal lovers alike! (Please note there is no unauthorized contact with animals.)
What you’ll do…
Animal Department volunteers will commit to a weekly, recurring time slot within one of our animal areas. Our volunteer coordinator matches our applicants with available time slots within the areas base on the applicants availability and interests.
Each of our animal areas are unique in tasks volunteers help with, but general duties may include:
– helping with diet prep, cleaning exhibits and/or scrubbing floors
– helping with enrichment preparation, and shoveling manure
Requirements & Cost
- Volunteering with the animal department is open to anyone 18 years or older.
- Our screening process includes a clear background check, negative Tuberculosis Test, and questionnaire.
- Applicants are also required to attend an orientation prior to starting in the animal areas.
- There is a $50.00 fee to begin volunteering. This fee covers the cost of running your background check, a t-shirt, and a name tag.