Electric Moonlight is SOLD OUT!
Celebrate holiday lights and cheer during this adults-only event, Electric Moonlight. This event combines our festive holiday lights with indoor sampling areas featuring beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks while tasting delicious eats from area restaurants (all while supplies last) – just like at our popular summer event, Moonlight on the Mountain! Local musicians set the mood, and you’ll be dancing until 8:30 p.m. Warming fires throughout offer reprieve from the chill, as do select indoor animal exhibits open during the event. Top off this astounding experience by gazing at the city’s lights, watching all of Colorado Springs sparkle. Our generous restaurant and beverage partners donate their product samples for this important Zoo fundraiser.
Highlights of Electric Moonlight
Event sampling starts at 5:30 p.m.
Last admission at 7:30 p.m.; event closes at 8:30 p.m.
– Indoor sampling areas, outdoor light displays and many animal exhibits.
– Complimentary souvenir sampling cup and spork.
– All-inclusive beverage sampling from regional breweries, wineries and distilleries.
– Soft drinks and coffee are also available.
– All-inclusive food sampling from regional restaurants, while supplies last.
– Live music throughout the Zoo.
– Animal meet-and-greets, shows and keeper talks from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Interactive activities in The Loft.
- Santa will be at Safari Lodge in African Rift Valley, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. for you to take your turn for a photo with the jolly elf!
- Special Animal Shows and Keeper talks from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. (see schedule)
- Select animal exhibits are open during the event, including the giraffe barn, Encounter Africa, Rocky Mountain Wild (except grizzlies and wolves), Scutes Family Gallery, Asian Highlands and Monkey Pavilion.
Sample beer, wine and liquor from regional companies:
3 Hundred Days Distilling
Bristol Brewing Company
Cheers Liquor Mart
Cockpit Craft Distillery
Kangaroo Coffee (non-alcoholic beverages)
Pikes Peak Brewing Co.
Nano 108 Brewing Company
Savor food from some of your local favorites:
Chuy’s Tex Mex Restaurant
Jack Quinn’s Irish Pub
Sweet Addict Bakery
Taste – Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Caterer
The Cheese Haus
The Melting Pot
Encounter regional bands for your listening pleasure!
RVZoo and the Sugar Spun Elephant
The Midnight Sun