Register Your Wild Ones.
(Grades Preschool – 12th Grade)
A Wild Summer Experience.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo offers summer camp adventures that share the wonders of wildlife and wild places in fun and exciting ways. Campers meet animals up-close, explore the outdoors, interact with zookeepers, make treats for the animals, design cool crafts and more!
Look for 2019 Summer Camps – registration opens Spring 2019.
Summer Camp programs run from May – August.
Campers should register for the grade they will enter in the fall.
If a camp is full, you can call 719-424-7827 to add your camper to the waitlist.
Minimum age is 4 years old.
3 Different ways to camp:
- Full Week Camps – offered June, July and August for Pre-K – 12th graders
- Single Day Camps – offered late May, July 4th week and mid-August for Pre-K – 12th graders
- Overnight Camp – offered on select Thursday night(s), mid-summer, for 1st – 6th graders only
Details and registration links for all camp programs are within the expandables below:
View Summer Camp Schedule Overview for 2018
Zoo Summer Camp 2018 – Schedule Overview (View or download PDF)
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo has a scholarship fund for its Summer Camp program.
- Due to limited funding, only partial scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarships apply to the Zoo’s Summer Camp Program.
- Criteria for selecting children for the program is based upon need.
- An application form is available here when the application process is open.
Application deadline for Summer Camp Scholarship Form submission is in the spring, with decisions be made no later than May 1..
NOTE: 2018 summer camp scholarships are now closed.
Zoo Camp Program Registration Policies
The following policies have been developed to enable us to clarify program fees and manage registrations more effectively.
Advance registration is required for all programs. Registrations may be received by phone, in-person or online. Programs are filled on a first come, first serve basis, and all registrations will be prioritized by date of receipt. Campers should register for the grade they will enter in the fall.
The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a program due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen circumstances in which the Zoo is closed. If the Zoo cancels the program, a full refund or rescheduling of the program is available.
A refund request must be received no less than TWO WEEKS prior to the start of the program. If approved, the Zoo will refund the amount of the fee minus a $25 non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given after two weeks prior to the start of the program.