Register Your Wild Ones.
(Kindergarten – 12th Grade)
A Wild Summer Experience.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo offers summer camp adventures that share the wonders of wildlife and wild places in fun and exciting ways. Campers meet animals up-close, explore the outdoors, interact with zookeepers, make treats for the animals, design cool crafts and more!
Look for Summer Camp registration in early 2020.
Summer Camp programs run from May – August.
– Campers should register for the grade they will enter in the fall.
– If a camp is full, you can call 719-424-7827 to add your camper to the wait list.
– Minimum camper age is 5 years old.
Different ways to camp:
- Full Week Camps – offered late May, June, July and August for K – 12th graders
- Single Day Camps – offered late May, July 4th week and mid-August for K – 6th graders
- Teen Workshops – offered weeks in June for 7 – 12th graders
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo has a scholarship fund for its Summer Camp program.
- Due to limited funding, only partial scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarships apply to the Zoo’s Summer Camp Program.
- Criteria for selecting children for the program is based upon need.
- An application form is available here when the application process is open.
Application deadline for Summer Camp Scholarship Form submission is in the spring, with decisions be made no later than May 1..
Download the Summer Camp Scholarship Form.
Zoo Camp Program Registration Policies
The following policies have been developed to enable us to clarify program fees and manage registrations more effectively.
Advance registration is required for all programs. Registrations may be received by phone, in-person or online. Programs are filled on a first come, first serve basis, and all registrations will be prioritized by date of receipt. Campers should register for the grade they will enter in the fall.
The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a program due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen circumstances in which the Zoo is closed. If the Zoo cancels the program, a full refund or rescheduling of the program is available.
A refund request must be received no less than TWO WEEKS prior to the start of the program. If approved, the Zoo will refund the amount of the fee minus a $25 non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given after two weeks prior to the start of the program.