Join us on Saturday, Sept. 23, or, Sunday, Sept. 24
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There’s no cost to enjoy black-footed ferret-themed activities, but advance admission to the Zoo is required.
Things to Do
Explore booths and participate in activities celebrating black-footed ferrets throughout Scutes Family Gallery, My Big Backyard and The Loft:
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Prairie Jenga. Play with the jumbo-sized version of the popular balancing game to learn about the prairie ecosystem. As the game is being played, guests can see which one made the tower collapse. Each game will be tallied to show that all species are important indicators of a healthy ecosystem.
- Prairie Species Scavenger Hunt. Find all the animals at our Zoo that live on or near the prairies where black-footed ferrets live. Guests can pick up a list at any of the tables and collect stickers when they find the correct species.
- Mazes. Learn how black-footed ferrets get to food or their burrows while avoiding dangers such as predators, diseases and human development that they may come across.
- Interactive Card Game. Learn black-footed ferret fun facts through an interactive card game!
- Board game. Play an interactive board game in which you assume the role of a black-footed ferret.
- Coloring opportunities will be available throughout Scutes Family Gallery, My Big Backyard and The Loft.
11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Black-footed ferret demonstration. Watch Rouge interact with food and enrichment items while learning more about black-footed ferrets in The Loft. There will also be a meet-and-greet with one of our domestic ferrets during these demonstrations.
To learn more about BFF conservation efforts at CMZoo, visit our Black-Footed Ferret Conservation page.