4-mile Run/Walk – Run like an Animal!
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo invites world-class runners and families alike to Run to the Shrine. This is a great opportunity for both competitive racers and casual walkers to show their support for the Zoo, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that receives no tax support. We rely on our fundraisers like this to keep the Zoo “running” and support our many conservation efforts and education programs.
Highlights of Run to the Shrine
Your Entry Fee Includes:
- A 4-mile course that curves through the Zoo, up to the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun and back down into the Zoo.
- Ascend almost 1,000 feet, with stunning views of Colorado Springs below.
- Commemorative performance T-shirt, featuring this year’s wolf mascot.
- Chip timing for the competitive athletes and weekend warriors, and accommodations for jogging strollers with safety equipment (tethers and hand brakes required) for families.
- Conclude the Race with a party at Lodge at Moose Lake.
- Registration includes admission to the Zoo for the rest of the day.
- It’s your only opportunity all year to travel the Shrine Road by foot!
Awards ceremony begins at 10 a.m. at Lodge at Moose Lake for:
- Female, Overall – 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
- Male, Overall – 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
Celebrate completing the race with fun, snacks and exhibitors!
When: 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Where: Lodge at Moose Lake
2020 Exhibitors list will be available closer to the event.