Run to the Shrine has become an annual Cheyenne Mountain Zoo tradition, and it is the only time of the year that guests are allowed to travel the breathtaking road to the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun by foot. The course offers amazing views of Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods as you ascend nearly 1,000 feet up to the Shrine and back down to the Zoo. In addition, Run to the Shrine is an important fundraiser for the Zoo.
Highlights of Run to the Shrine
- Capacity for Run to the Shrine is limited. Advance registration is required; no registrations available at the front gate.
- Advance registration tickets are required for all run/walk participants over the age of 2. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children 2 & under are free as long as they remain in a stroller with automatic hand brakes and a tether (strollers without this safety equipment are not allowed on the race course for your child's safety). No registration necessary for children 2 & under.
- Spectator tickets must be purchased in advance. No ticket sales at the front gate. Spectator tickets are not required for children 2 & under. Spectator tickets do not include access to Shrine Road or any of the benefits of Run to the Shrine registration. These tickets are for Zoo access during the event only. Only registered run participants are permitted on the course above the top of the Zoo.
- The race fee is not tax deductible, but any additional donations are tax deductible.
- Refunds or exchanges for paid registrations and spectator tickets can be granted up to two weeks prior to the event date. (Please note: Race Roster processing fees are non-refundable.) No refunds or exchanges after Friday, May 3, 2024. Run to the Shrine will take place rain, snow or shine. No refunds or transfers for inclement weather. Please email [email protected] to request a refund or exchange.