Run to the Shrine has become an annual Cheyenne Mountain Zoo tradition, and it is the only days of the year that guests are allowed to travel the breathtaking road to the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun by foot. The course offers amazing views of Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods as you traverse four miles and ascend 1,000 feet up to the Shrine and back down to the Zoo. In addition, Run to the Shrine is an important fundraiser for the Zoo.
Highlights of Run to the Shrine
Your Entry Fee Includes:
- A 4-mile course that curves through the Zoo, up to the gate of the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun and back down into the Zoo.
- A breathtaking experience as you ascend almost 1,000 feet, with stunning views of Colorado Springs below.
- A commemorative performance T-shirt, featuring this year’s animal mascot, available for pick up in Lodge at Moose Lake during the event.
- Accommodations for jogging strollers with safety equipment (tethers and hand brakes required) for families.
- Admission to the Zoo until the end of the event at 8 p.m.
- It’s your only opportunity all year to travel the road to the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun by foot!