4-mile Run/Walk – Run like an Animal!
Run to the Shrine has become an annual Cheyenne Mountain Zoo tradition, and it is the only day of the year that guests are allowed to travel up to the Shrine of the Sun by foot! In addition, Run to the Shrine is an important fundraiser for the Zoo.
Highlights of Run to the Shrine
Your Entry Fee Includes:
- A 4-mile course that curves through the Zoo, up to the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun and back down into the Zoo.
- Ascend almost 1,000 feet, with stunning views of Colorado Springs below.
- Commemorative performance T-shirt.
- Chip timing for the competitive athletes and weekend warriors, and accommodations for jogging strollers with safety equipment (tethers and hand brakes required) for families.
- Conclude the Race with a party at Lodge at Moose Lake.
- Registration includes admission to the Zoo for the rest of the day.
- It’s your only opportunity all year to travel the Shrine Road by foot!
Awards ceremony begins at 10 a.m. at Lodge at Moose Lake for:
- Female, Overall – 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
- Male, Overall – 1st, 2nd, 3rd place