Please read the changes below carefully, and decide if you would still like to spend this evening with us.
This new event format will not include all-inclusive food and alcohol samples. Instead, you’ll receive two drink tickets and purchase food from one of our eateries or bring your own picnic dinner. Cash bars will also be available. To account for this, ticket prices have been reduced (current ticket holders will receive a partial refund for the difference in cost), or they can donate the difference back to the Zoo.
If you decide this event is no longer for you (or not for you this year), we would ask that you consider donating your ticket value back to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. As a non-profit that receives no tax support, and given our 3-month closure, current limited capacity and recent damaging hail storm, this has been a rough summer for us financially. Please consider donating your ticket value by sending us an email at [email protected]. You can also request a refund by sending an email no later than Thursday, September 10 to [email protected].
Highlights of Tails, Tunes & Tastes
Please read the new event details below carefully, and we hope to see you on the mountain on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020! If we can answer any other questions about what this experience will include or not include, please don’t hesitate to ask at [email protected].
– CURRENT TICKET HOLDERS: Please watch your email to reserve your designated entry time. You MUST have a timed entry ticket to attend the event.
– NEED A TICKET? Good news! Tickets are still available! (Use the orange “buy tickets” button at the top of the page). Tickets have been reduced to $55.75 for advance purchases ($5 more on the day of the event, if available). Read below for a summary of the significant changes to this year’s event.
What does this year’s Tails, Tunes & Tastes include?
- There will not be all-inclusive sampling this year. You will receive 2 drink tickets that can be used at four bars throughout the Zoo.
- Food can be purchased at one of our on-site eateries, or you may bring your own picnic dinner (no outside alcohol allowed).
- Enjoy five bands throughout the Zoo until 9:30 p.m. Feel free to bring a camp chair and spread out in each band area. Social distance will be encouraged between groups while listening to bands and throughout the event.
- Get the full CMZoo experience until 9:30 p.m. (when our animals go to bed). Event ends at 9:30 p.m.
Other Important Information:
- Entry to the event will have timed ticketing to allow for proper social distancing at the front gate. Please arrive during your designated 20-minute window to ensure access to the event.
- This is an all-weather event, so plan to come and walk on the wild side, rain or shine.
- All COVID-19 precautions will be in place. Learn more at cmzoo.org/open and wear your mask for our safety and yours. (Masks are required indoors and are strongly encouraged throughout the Zoo.)
- Social distancing will be encouraged at each band area. Feel free to bring a camp chair to spread out and enjoy the music from a safe distance from other groups.
Food & Beverages
Multiple Bar Locations (Drink ticket redemption and for purchase):
- Full Bars
– Rocky Mountain Barbecue Co.
– Grizzly Grill
- Limited Bars (Beer, Wine and Hard Seltzers)
– Pizza with a View
– Elson’s Place
Selections at our Food Outlets (for purchase):
- Rocky Mountain Barbecue Co.
– BBQ sliders with potato chips
- Pizza with a View
– Neapolitan style pizza, Caesar or antipasto salad
– Plan ahead! Order from your mobile phone (in advance or at the event)
>> MOBILE ORDER HERE
- Grizzly Grill
– Beef, turkey and veggie burgers, chicken tenders, French fries, New York style pizza and ice cream
- Elson’s Place
– Soft pretzels and ice cream
- Brian Grace Band – Carousel
- Freeze Cat – Encounter Africa
- Gus Meza – Lodge at Moose Lake
- Jeff Sempek – Water’s Edge: Africa
- The Midnight Sun – Australia Walkabout