Electric Safari Experience • Live Music • Adults 21+ • Unlimited Food & Drink Samples
Celebrate holiday lights and cheer during this adults-only event, Electric Moonlight. This event combines our festive holiday lights with unlimited samples of beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks while tasting delicious eats from area restaurants – just like at our popular summer event, Moonlight on the Mountain! Local musicians will set the mood and will have you dancing until 8:30 p.m. Warming fires throughout the Zoo offer a reprieve from the chill, as do select indoor animal exhibits that remain open during the event. Top off this astounding experience by gazing out at the city’s lights, watching all of Colorado Springs sparkle.
Want to know what to expect?
DOWNLOAD / VIEW – ELECTRIC MOONLIGHT PROGRAM 2018 PDF
(Includes detailed map locations, animal shows/talks, food, beverages and tunes)
All event proceeds benefit the care of Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s animals, and all food and drink samples are donated by the event vendors.
Date: Thursday, December 6, 2018
Time: 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Online advanced tickets:
$35.75 SOLD OUT!
Day of tickets (If not sold out):
$40.75 SOLD OUT!
WHAT YOU GET:
Last admission at 7:30 p.m.; event closes at 8:30 p.m.
Admission ticket includes:
- Indoor sampling areas, outdoor light displays and animal exhibits.
- Complimentary souvenir sampling cup and spork.
- Unlimited beverage sampling from regional breweries, wineries and distilleries. Soft drinks also available.
- Unlimited food sampling from regional restaurants.
- Live music throughout the Zoo.
- Animal Meet-and-greets, shows and keeper talks from 6 – 8 p.m.
More Event Details
- Electric Moonlight will take place, rain, snow or shine. All food/drink/music stations will be indoors, but guests will want to bundle up to walk from area to area and enjoy the holiday lights.
- Tickets may be purchased online for $35.75 until 11:59 p.m. the day before the event.
- Day-of tickets, if not sold out, will be available online or at the gate for $40.75.
- No refunds available after Friday, November 23, 2018.
- Dress for a fun night of food, drinks and dancing, but remember you will be walking up and down hills at the Zoo!
- Please remember to print your e-ticket for admission to Electric Moonlight.
- ID showing age 21+ is required for admission (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- A cash bar will be available, in addition to unlimited sampling.
- Please drink responsibly and plan for a designated driver.
- Please carpool – it’s good for the environment.
- Interactive activities in The Loft.
- Santa will be in the Safari Lodge until 8:30 p.m.
- Special Animal Shows and Keeper talks from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., see below.
- DOWNLOAD / VIEW – Sample ELECTRIC MOONLIGHT PROGRAM 2017 PDF
(Includes map, animal shows and activities.)
- Select animal exhibits are open during the event, including the giraffe barn, Encounter Africa, Rocky Mountain Wild (except grizzlies and wolves), Scutes Family Gallery, Asian Highlands and Monkey Pavilion.
He knows if you’ve been bad or good. So be good for goodness sake!
TIME: 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Safari Lodge in African Rift Valley
WHAT: Get into the holiday spirit while you await your turn to meet Kris Kringle! Santa Zone features amazing lights and a warming fire, for a touch of holiday magic.
Animal Shows and Keeper Talks:
6 p.m.- Domestic Goat Enrichment (Domestic goats, next to Lodge at Moose Lake)
7 p.m.- Bird Show (The Loft)
8 p.m.- African Lion Keeper Talk (African Rift Valley, lion Relaxation Room)
Giraffe Feeding (African Rift Valley)
Budgie Feeding (Australia Walkabout)
Loft Animal Interactions (The Loft)
Libations & Grub
– Sample beer, wine and liquor from regional companies:
3 Hundred Days Distilling – (Safari Cabin)
Blue Fish Distillery – (Lodge at Moose Lake)
Bristol Brewing Company – (Bristol Brewing Company)
Cheers Liquor Mart – (Lodge at Moose Lake)
Evergood Elixirs (Santa’s Lodge)
FH Beerworks – (Safari Cabin)
Lee Spirits – (Santa’s Lodge)
Nano 108 Brewing Company – (Scutes Family Gallery)
Pikes Peak Brewing Co. – (Lodge at Moose Lake)
Peaks N Pines Brewery – (Scutes Family Gallery)
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery – (Grizzly Grill)
Ska Brewing – (Safari Cabin)
Smiling Toad – (Lodge at Moose Lake)
Cash bar – (Santa’s Lodge)
– Savor food from some of your local favorites below!
Beasts and Brews
Il Vicino – (Grizzly Grill)
Kneaders Bakery and Café – (Scutes Family Gallery)
Phantom Canyon – (Santa’s Lodge)
Starr’s Tipsy Kitchen – (Pizza with a View)
Taste – (CMZoo Catering at Grizzly Grill)
Ted’s Montana Grill – (Lodge at Moose Lake)
The Cheese Haus – (Scutes Family Gallery)
The Melting Pot – (Safari Cabin)
Tucanos Brazillian Grill – (Lodge at Moose Lake)
Zoe’s Kitchen – (Safari Cabin)
Enrichment Vibes & Fun
Encounter regional bands for your listening pleasure, (with location during Electric Moonlight).
Brian Grace Band – (Safari Cabin)
Fonda Cash Band – (Lodge at Moose Lake)
Jeffrey Sempek – (Pizza With a View)
Midnight Sun – (Scutes Family Gallery)
Red Moon Rounder (Santa’s Lodge)
Spur – (Grizzly Grill)
Want to book this gig? – Contact [email protected] or call 719-424-7847.
VENDORS & SPONSORS:
Questions: Please call 719-633-9925 or email at [email protected].