Meet this Animal Up-close.
Enjoy experiences of a lifetime, fantastic photo-ops and feeding or enrichment opportunities with your favorite! Spend time behind-the-scenes with keepers and one of our female African elephants!
Enjoy this amazing experience, which may include:
- Getting an up-close look at the training it takes to care for these magnificent mammals.
- Learning about how Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is helping African elephants in the wild.
- The opportunity to hand feed an elephant a tasty treat!
Add-on a private Elephant Painting Session
Make sure to discuss this addition at the time of booking.
– Add-on an elephant painting for $50!
– You pick the colors they’ll be painting with on your 8″ X 10″ piece of artwork.
– Then, you’ll get to take home their painting .
– This is a watching-only opportunity.
– Learn about or purchase existing elephant art here
– Contact us at least one week in advance to schedule this Encounter.
– The number of people permitted is dependent upon the animal chosen, and subject to the discretion of Zoo staff at the time of booking.
– Some experiences may be limited to fewer participants.
– All Encounters (unless otherwise noted) do not have any age restrictions, however children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
– Children 2 years old and under are FREE, may attend unless otherwise noted (often with restrictions), and they do no count toward the total group size (group size is subject to specific animal requirements).
– What you do or experience during the encounter can vary depending upon the animal chosen.
– Typical encounters include helping to feed the animal (with appropriate feeding utensils), or giving enrichment items and watching them interact.
– You will get to meet the keeper(s) and take photos of the animal(s) behind-the-scenes.
*Note: All encounters will be conducted in a protected contact situation. In most cases touching the animal will not be available.
Days & Times:
Scheduled daily, between 9:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
Encounters are 30 minutes long, with the animal of your choice.
$425 per encounter for up to four(4) people (unless otherwise noted).
– Additional 1-2 people, if permitted, can be added for $95.75 per person (Max group size of 6 people).
– Includes admission to the Zoo for the day.
– Payment in full will be required upon booking.
– $3 from the cost of your Animal Encounter is applied directly to Quarters for Conservation.
– 75¢ from the cost for each additional person, if permitted, is applied directly to Quarters for Conservation.
– Each Encounter group is given twelve Q4C tokens upon arrival for voting at the Quarters for Conservation token kiosks, to show their support for the conservation projects that inspire them.
Encounters need to be scheduled at least (1) one week ahead of your date/time.
Cancellations will be refunded with a minimum 24 hours notice. Rescheduling may be available.