Come See the Original Creatures of the Night.
Don your costume, bring your trick-or-treat bag and get ready for the “wildest” Halloween event in town! Boo at the Zoo is a unique way for families to trick-or-treat and enjoy Halloween festivities.
Highlights of Boo at the Zoo
- Haunted House – ages 6 and up, strobe lights in use (Lodge at Moose Lake),
- Spooky Graveyard – (near Scutes Family Gallery),
- Trick-or-treat at Spooky Treat Stations (throughout the Boo at the Zoo path),
- Pirate’s Cove – (Australia Walkabout),
- Lighted Pumpkin Patch – (My Big Backyard),
- Photo Opportunities – If you’ve got it, haunt it! Perfect selfie spots are everywhere at Boo at the Zoo. See if you can find our special year-specific banners and tag your posts: #BOOCMZOO
- Sky Ride – $3 at Sky Ride ticket booth (be in line by 7:30 p.m., last ride at 8 p.m.),
- Giraffe and Budgie feeding experiences.
Select animal exhibits are open, including
– African Rift Valley – feed the giraffe inside the giraffe building
– African lions – evening watching
– Australia Walkabout – feed the Budgies, wallaby building & Pirate’s Cove
– Encounter Africa – elephants & rhino inside their barn
– Goat Experience – domestic goats up-close
– My Big Backyard – big play fun & lighted pumpkin patch
– Experiences in The Loft – indoor smaller animal opportunities
– Scutes Family Gallery – Spooky Graveyard near all sorts of reptiles
– Water’s Edge: Africa – hippos & penguins inside
Restaurants & Gift Shop open during Boo at the Zoo
For the safety of all guests, costume masks and costume weapons may not be worn by guests 12 years of age or older. Masks worn by guests 11 years of age and younger must have openings that allow the eyes to be seen and that do not obstruct peripheral vision. Balloons are not allowed inside the Zoo (even as part of a costume) for the safety of our animals and wild animals.
Support the Zoo’s efforts to reduce waste by bringing your own trick-or-treat bags!
Forget your bag? CMZoo treat bags are available at the admissions booth for $2.