Lights, Animals and Holiday Spirit!
Celebrate holiday lights and cheer during Electric Safari with 85 light sculptures on over 50 acres! Warming fires throughout the Zoo offer a reprieve from the chill (tentative per current fire restrictions), as do select indoor animal exhibits that remain open at limited capacity during the event. Top off this astounding display by gazing out at the city’s lights and watch all of Colorado Springs sparkle.
2020 COVID-19 Procedural Changes
- OUR STAFF IS WEARING MASKS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
– ZOO GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS WHEN INSIDE ALL ZOO BUILDINGS, due to the mandate by the state of Colorado. We also strongly encourage wearing a mask when within 6 feet of other groups in outdoor areas. Check out this fun “animals vs. masks” video before your visit!
- Advance timed tickets are required for both members and non-members. Zoo member tickets are free, but must be reserved in advance. Capacity to the event will be limited, and times and nights may sell out. Buildings will also be at limited capacity for the event.
- Everyone visiting the Zoo must have their own advance e-ticket, including children age 2 and under.
- Please be in line to enter the Zoo within 20 minutes after your ticketed time. Early arrivals or arrivals later than 20 minutes past your ticketed entry time may not be accommodated. If you arrive early for your time slot, please wait in your car until your entry time begins. Arriving during your designated arrival time will help us manage traffic flow into our parking lot and through the admission gates.
- Early or late arrivals will not be accommodated. Arriving during your designated arrival time will help us manage traffic flow into our parking lot and through the admission gates.
- All COVID-19 precautions will be in place for this event. Learn more at cmzoo.org/open.
Highlights of Electric Safari
- Interactive activities and face-to-face experiences with animals at The Loft near Rocky Mountain Wild.
- Santa will see visitors in Safari Lodge nightly through Dec. 23. Santa is available for visits from 4:20 to 8:30 p.m. Masks are required for all guests age 3 and older when in line and when visiting Santa.
- Sky Ride – tickets are available at Admissions. Adult $4, Child $3, 2 and under FREE.
(Be in line by 7:30 p.m., last Sky Ride leaves at 8 p.m. – weather permitting)
- Enjoy warming fires (tentative per current fire restrictions) and hot cocoa stations (available for purchase) throughout the Zoo.
Select animal exhibits are open, including
– African Rift Valley giraffe building – your time in the barn will be limited to allow the maximum number of guests through while maintaining limited capacity. Be in line no later than 8 p.m.
– Asian Highlands
– Australia Walkabout
– Encounter Africa elephant/rhino barn
– Rocky Mountain Wild (except grizzlies and wolves)
– Scutes Family Gallery
– The Loft
– Water’s Edge: Africa
Restaurants open during Electric Safari
– Grizzly Grill
– Cozy Goat
– Pizza with a View
– Elson’s Place
– Hot cocoa available at:
– Thundergod Gift Shop (open all nights)
– Dippin’ Dots in Rocky Mountain Wild (open Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays)