Electric Safari at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is the only place in Colorado Springs where you can see over 85 one-of-a-kind light sculptures while celebrating the season with our animals at the same time! Electric Safari was voted 3rd Best Zoo Lights in the U.S. in 2019 by USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice. This year’s event will celebrate 30 years of holiday cheer, and Santa Claus himself will be listening to wishes December 4-6 and 11-23. Come celebrate the holiday season with sparkling lights, animals and fun for the whole family!
As of Saturday, Nov. 28, El Paso County is at “Safer at Home – Severe Risk” or “Level Red.” The following changes will be seen during visits to Electric Safari while under Level Red precautions:
- Ticket capacity to the Zoo will remain limited, with advance timed tickets required.
- The outdoor areas of the Zoo will remain open, but most buildings will be closed.
The following animals will not be viewable, due to these closures:
– Elephant/Rhino (viewing available through windows)
– Wallabies (viewing available through windows)
– Scutes Family Gallery
– The Loft
– Water’s Edge: Africa
– Primate World
- Santa will be available for photos and to hear wishes as he travels around the Zoo during evenings through Wednesday, Dec. 23. Indoor visit and photo opportunities will not be available.
- Dining options will be limited, and available for take-out only. No indoor dining available.
- Thundergod Gift Shop will be open at 50% capacity, per current guidelines for retail establishments. Online ordering is also available at giftshop.cmzoo.org.
- Restrooms with direct outside access will be open.
- Sky Ride will be operational; weather dependent. Only members of the same household are permitted per seat.
Lights, Animals and Holiday Spirit!
Celebrate holiday lights and cheer during Electric Safari with 85 light sculptures on over 50 acres! Top off this astounding display by gazing out at the city’s lights and watch all of Colorado Springs sparkle.
2020 COVID-19 Procedural Changes
- OUR STAFF IS WEARING MASKS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
– ZOO GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS WHEN INSIDE ANY BUILDINGS (for example, restrooms and gift shop), due to the mandate by the state of Colorado. We also strongly encourage wearing a mask when within 6 feet of other households in outdoor areas. Check out this fun “animals vs. masks” video before your visit!
- Advance timed tickets are required for both members and non-members. Zoo member tickets are free, but must be reserved in advance. Capacity to the event will be limited, and times and nights may sell out. Most indoor spaces will be closed during the event.
- Everyone visiting the Zoo must have their own advance e-ticket, including children age 2 and under.
- Please be in line to enter the Zoo within 20 minutes after your ticketed time. Early arrivals or arrivals later than 20 minutes past your ticketed entry time may not be accommodated. If you arrive early for your time slot, please wait in your car until your entry time begins. Arriving during your designated arrival time will help us manage traffic flow into our parking lot and through the admission gates.
- Early or late arrivals will not be accommodated. Arriving during your designated arrival time will help us manage traffic flow into our parking lot and through the admission gates.
- All COVID-19 precautions will be in place for this event. Learn more at cmzoo.org/open.
- Santa will be available for photos and to hear wishes as he travels around the Zoo during Electric Safari evenings through Wednesday, Dec. 23. Indoor visit and photo opportunities will not be available.
- Sky Ride – tickets are available at Admissions. Adult $4, Child $3, 2 & under FREE.
(Be in line by 7:30 p.m., last Sky Ride leaves at 8 p.m.) Weather permitting.
- Be a SECRET SANTA to the Animals!
View the Electric Safari Wish List for a list of items you can bring in for the animals!
Items can be dropped off at Admissions between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. any day of the week (by 2 p.m. on holidays), and between 4:20 and 7:30 p.m. on Electric Safari nights.