Vote for Electric Safari for BEST ZOO LIGHTS
Once again we’ve been nominated in USAToday’s 10Best Readers’ Choice contest for Best Zoo Lights in North America! Last year, we placed third, and we’re grateful for your continued support.
Vote daily through Monday, Dec. 6 at 9:59 a.m. MT
Lights, Animals and Holiday Spirit!
Electric Safari at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is the only place in Colorado Springs where you can see over 60 one-of-a-kind light sculptures while celebrating the season with our animals at the same time! New this year, you’ll also enjoy photos with our larger-than-life illuminated inflatable animals, located throughout the Zoo! Electric Safari was voted 3rd Best Zoo Lights in the U.S. in 2019 and 2020 by USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice. This year’s event will celebrate 31 years of holiday cheer, and Santa Claus will be listening to wishes December 3-5 and 10-23. Come celebrate the holiday season with sparkling lights, animals and fun for the whole family!
- SANTA will be available for photos and to hear wishes in the Safari Lodge from 4-8:30 p.m. through Thursday, Dec. 23.
- SKY RIDE – tickets are available at Admissions. $3 per person, ages 2 & under FREE.
(Be in line by 7:30 p.m., last Sky Ride leaves at 8 p.m.) Weather permitting.
- HOT COCOA – throughout the Zoo you’ll find stations with delicious hot cocoa available for purchase.
- Be a SECRET SANTA to the Animals!
View the Electric Safari Wish List for a list of items you can bring in for the animals!
Items can be dropped off at Admissions between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. any day of the week (by 2 p.m. on holidays), and between 4 – 7:30 p.m. on Electric Safari nights.
- NEW this year: Larger-than-life illuminated inflatable animals!
Select animal exhibits are open, including
– African Rift Valley giraffe building
– Asian Highlands
– Australia Walkabout
– Encounter Africa elephant/rhino barn (view from windows)
– Rocky Mountain Wild (except grizzlies)
– The Loft
– Scutes Family Gallery
– Water’s Edge: Africa
Restaurants open during Electric Safari
Food & beverage selections plus hot cocoa at:
– Grizzly Grill
– Cozy Goat
– Pizza with a View
– Elson’s Place
Hot cocoa & s’mores roasting only at:
– Rocky Mountain BBQ Co. (open Saturdays & Sundays)
Hot cocoa only at:
– Thundergod Gift Shop (open all nights)
– Dippin’ Dots in Rocky Mountain Wild (open Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays)