Lights, Animals and Holiday Spirit!
Electric Safari at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is the only place in Colorado Springs where you can see over 85 one-of-a-kind light sculptures while celebrating the season with our animals at the same time!
You’ll also enjoy photos with our larger-than-life illuminated inflatable animals, located throughout the Zoo. And special for 2023, we’re adding a holiday-safari themed drone show! Electric Safari was voted 3rd Best Zoo Lights in the U.S. from 2019-2022 by USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice.
This year’s event will celebrate 33 years of holiday cheer, and Santa Claus will be listening to wishes through December 23. Come celebrate the holiday season with sparkling lights, animals and fun for the whole family! (Inflatables may not be viewable when high winds or other severe weather is present.)
- Special for 2023, HOLIDAY-SAFARI THEMED DRONE SHOW! (weather permitting). At 7:30 p.m. every night of Electric Safari, guests can see our drone light show from nearly anywhere in the Zoo. The show will last around 15 minutes. Prime viewing spots are Elephant Boardwalk, Lodge at Moose Lake and Giraffe Plaza.
- LARGER-THAN-LIFE ILLUMINATED INFLATABLE ANIMALS (Inflatables may not be viewable when high winds or other severe weather is present.)
- INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES; experiences with animals at The Loft near Rocky Mountain Wild, along with giraffe and budgie feeding opportunities.
- SANTA will be available for photos and to hear wishes in the Safari Lodge from 4-8:30 p.m., nightly through Friday, Dec. 23.
- SKY RIDE – tickets are available at Admissions. $3 per person, ages 2 & under FREE.
(Be in line by 7:30 p.m., last Sky Ride leaves at 8 p.m.) Weather permitting.
- HOT COCOA – throughout the Zoo you’ll find stations with delicious hot cocoa available for purchase.
- Be a SECRET SANTA to the Animals!
View the Electric Safari Wish List for a list of items you can bring in for the animals!
Items can be dropped off at Admissions between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. any day of the week (by 2 p.m. on holidays), and between 4 – 7:30 p.m. on Electric Safari nights.
Select animal exhibits are open, including
– Lion Relaxation Room
– Asian Highlands
– Australia Walkabout
– Elephant & Rhino Barn
– Giraffe Barn
– Hippo Building
– Rocky Mountain Wild (except grizzlies)
– The Loft
– Scutes Family Gallery
*Note: Some animal areas are closed due to the species’ sensitivities to nighttime events.
Restaurants open during Electric Safari
Food & beverage selections, plus hot cocoa at:
– Grizzly Grill
– Cozy Goat
– Pizza with a View
– Elson’s Place
– Rocky Mountain BBQ Co. (open Sat. & Sun. only; stick waffles, pretzel bites, hot cocoa & snacks)
– Dippin’ Dots (open Fri., Sat. & Sun. only, roasting s’mores & hot cocoa)
– Thundergod Gift Shop (open all nights & serving hot cocoa)