BID ON AMAZING ITEMS, LIKE THE CHANCE TO NAME OUR BABY LEMUR OR RED RIVER HOGLET! – Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s annual fundraising gala is going virtual! You can be part of this CMZoo tradition from the comfort of your couch through online trivia, the Zoo’s social media channels and a virtual auction!
“Our Zoo Ball auction has incredible items this year, including the opportunity to name our new baby lemur and our Red River hoglet,” said Kelley Parker, director of development at CMZoo. “We’re excited to be able to invite more people to participate in Zoo Ball this year by offering it online instead of exclusively in-person. No matter where you are on Thursday evening, you can join in the fun and test your Zoo knowledge as we share CMZoo trivia videos on Facebook and YouTube.”
The online auction opens Monday, June 14, 2021 at 8 a.m. MT at cmzoo.org/ZooBall.
Auction items include:
– Naming privileges for our 6-week-old ring-tailed lemur
– Naming privileges for our 7-week-old Red River hoglet
– Breakfast with the sloths
– Breakfast with the African penguins
– Breakfast on Safari Trail with the giraffe, zebra, vultures and more
– A photograph on canvas of BB, our 9-month-old giraffe calf, and her mother, Bailey, taken the day BB was born
– Painting session with a North American porcupine
– Paintings created by our elephants and orangutans
– Giraffe hoof print painting
– A decorative “Poo Planter” pottery piece created with CMZoo elephant dung
– A tour of Lemur Island
– Private cocktail party at the Zoo
– A Waterford Crystal sculpture, “Eagle’s Wing”
– And more! See photos and full descriptions here
Save the Dates
Online Virtual Auction
8 a.m. MT, Monday, June 14 – 8 p.m. MT, Sunday, June 20
Online Zoo Ball Trivia
6:30 p.m. MT Thursday, June 17
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Facebook
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo YouTube
All proceeds from Zoo Ball will benefit the Zoo’s general operating budget, which funds all of our critical work in conservation, education and animal care. In addition to bidding on auction items, CMZoo supporters can purchase VIP tickets or a Premier Patron “table.” These enhanced tickets come with an exclusive Zoo Ball swag bag and invitations to an exclusive cocktail party at the Zoo on Friday, September 10, 2021.
About Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Cheyenne Mountain Zoological Society was founded in 1926. Today, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, America’s mountain Zoo, offers comprehensive education programs, exciting conservation efforts and truly fantastic animal experiences. In 2021, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo was voted #4 Best Zoo in North America and CMZoo’s Rocky Mountain Wild was named #3 Best Zoo Exhibit in North America by USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards. It is Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s goal to help guests fall in love with animals and nature, and take action to protect them. Of the 233 zoos and aquariums accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is one of very few operating without tax support. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo depends on admissions, membership dues, special event attendance and donations for funding.