Take Action Documents.
PALM OIL CRISIS: Protect Orangutans by Promoting Sustainable Palm Oil & Product Labeling
Just for Kids.
Kids Education Handout – 5 Ways to Help! – .pdf
Orangutan Coloring Sheet for Kids – .pdf
Kids Crossword Puzzle – .pdf
Kids Crossword Puzzle Solution – .pdf
Kids Palm Oil Awareness Shopping Game – .pdf
Kids example letter to Hostess w/coloring picture – .pdf – Hostess is now an RSPO Member!
Kids example letter to Kroger with coloring picture – .pdf
Kids example letter to Tyson with coloring picture – .pdf
Kids example letter to USFoods with coloring picture – .pdf
Kids example letter to Walgrens with coloring picture – .pdf
Kids example letter thank you to Kraft with coloring picture – .doc
Kids example letter to Post w/coloring picture – .pdf – Post is now an RSPO Member!
Ranger Rick’s Adventure – .pdf – For ages 7+, a story about the affects of palm oil farming on orangutans – . (Story by Jody Marshall; art by Laura and Rody Gilbert. From the February and March 2008 issues of Ranger Rick magazine, with the permission of the publisher, the National Wildlife Federation.)
Resources for Everyone. Download & Share.
Palm Oil Shopping Guide App:
Palm Oil App Promo Cards – .pdf
Education Handout Fact Sheet – .pdf
‘Elevator Speech’ Ideas – .pdf
Palm Oil Video 2017, “Your choices can change the world…for orangutans!” – https://youtu.be/dECXeLhP7K0
Letter with Petition:
- Letter with Petition for Clif Bar – .doc or .pdf
Letter with Petition for Post – .doc or .pdf– Post is now an RSPO Member!
- Letter with Petition for Kroger – .doc or .pdf
- Letter with Petition for US Foods – .docx or .pdf
- Letter with Petition for Walgrens – .docx or .pdf
- Letter with Petition for Whole Foods – .doc or .pdf
Map of Indonesian Regions – .jpg
Various Names of Palm Oil List – ..pdf
Non-RSPO companies to write a letter to – page with hyperlinks
*In order to utilize CMZ’s orangutan friendly palm oil logo on product packaging, a company must:
- Be a member of RSPO
- Purchase palm oil and derivatives solely from producers and suppliers who are members of the RSPO
- Keep consumers informed via frequent company website updates, announcing what percentage of certified sustainable palm oil is in their products.
At this point in time, companies, plantations and mills who are members of the RSPO have not necessarily reached 100% certified sustainability. However, as members of RSPO they are taking steps toward sustainability, and are commited and obligated to become 100% certified sustainable by a goal date agreed upon with the RSPO.
- Contact Cheyenne Mountain Zoo prior to using the orangutan friendly palm oil logo, email [email protected] to ask for permission.
Note: We strongly encourage NGOs, zoological organizations, etc. to join the RSPO in order to use the logo, but it is not mandatory at this time.