We’re Getting Better and Better. Thanks to You.
Thanks to the more than $2,400,000 of critical support you give Cheyenne Mountain Zoo every year, we’re able to provide for the animals in our care—and deliver a better Zoo experience for all visitors, all the time.
We deeply appreciate your membership and look forward to having you visit us often. Stay for the day or drop-in for an hour. Daytime admission is always FREE with your membership. And remember… your Zoo is open seven days a week, 365 days a year from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with last admission always at 4 p.m. (unless noted for special events or holidays).
- You’ve once again helped us decide how to spend $75,000 on conservation projects! Voting ended 4/1/18 – check out the final results!
Check out what’s new and fun at the Zoo – it’s always a great time to visit the Zoo!
- Got BABY Fever?
Find out about the latest bundles of love that you may see on your next visit to the Zoo here!
- Palm Oil Shopping Guide APP v2.0
Download your FREE iTunes or Android Sustainable Palm Oil Shopping Guide App v2.0 that now includes a barcode scanner! Shop with the confidence that you are helping save wild orangutans!!
- Check out PRIMATE WORLD’S upgrades!
Have you noticed the changes in Primate World? Upgraded exhibits now include a new training panel for orangutans, as well as the ability for all of our orangutans to go outside every day! Two new outdoor exhibits, an updated siamang gibbon space and additional viewing opportunities for primates, big and small. Be sure to check it out!
- How’s our MAKING WAVES CAMPAIGN doing?
Something extraordinary is happening at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo as we strive to always have fresh and innovative experiences for our guests to enjoy! Learn more about how we are getting ready to build new homes for our penguins and hippos with the help of our Making Waves campaign. Read the latest Making Waves Update from The Waterhole.
- Want to know MORE?
Each month our eNewsletter, The Waterhole will help you stay informed on our animals, conservation work, events, promotions, EdVenture program, classes and much more. We invite you to join our community – connect, inspire and interact with us on all of our ! Also, watch for our special Insider’s Report in your inbox, it’s exclusive for Zoo members about the latest Zoo news.
Exclusive Member Updates
As a member, you’re an insider!
Be sure to look for our Insider’s Reports in your inbox to learn about Zoo news first! Don’t forget to add [email protected] to your address book so we’ll be sure to land in your inbox!
Also make sure you sign-up for the Zoo’s The Waterhole eNewsletter here.
MEMBERS-ONLY EXCLUSIVE SUMMER ADVENTURES of 2018*
(Event details are posted below when available.)
- Saturdays & Sundays, May 26 through Sept 1, – RISE AND SHINE MEMBER MORNINGS – 8:00 a.m.
Members can enter the Zoo at 8 a.m. every Saturday and Sunday morning through Labor Day weekend! Watch and listen as the Zoo wakes up. Want more? Non-member guests entering the Zoo with you will get early-entry, too! (Admission fees apply.)
- Thursday, June 21 – MEMBER APPRECIATION NIGHT – 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
This night is all about YOU. Visit your favorite animals and beat the heat at our first after-hours event! Check out our scheduled keeper talks or stop by the member-priced cookout at Lodge at Moose Lake (cash/credit cards accepted). Reservations not required.
- Tuesday, July 17 – Conservator Breakfast (invitation only)
- Wednesday, July 18 – MEMBER ENRICHMENT NIGHT – 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Watch as select animals receive enrichment items at scheduled times throughout the evening. What’s ‘enrichment’? Enrichment is how we provide a stimulating environment for Zoo animals. Why? It gives them an opportunity to demonstrate species-typical behavior, exercise control and/or choice over their environment, and enhances their well-being! Reservations are not required.
- Thursday, August 16 – Patron Dinner (invitation only)
- Thursday, August 23 – MEMBER END OF SUMMER EVENT – 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Summer always ends too soon, so why not enjoy one last night at the Zoo before the kids go back to school? Beat the heat and enjoy the animals after-hours. The entire Zoo will be open with scheduled animal demos and keeper talks. Reservations are not required.
*Who can attend Members-only events?
- Please note: Conservator Breakfast and Patron Dinner are invitation only, however member nights are open to all members.
- For an Individual Plus membership, the primary card holder and his/her guest is included (listed adult must be present)
- For a Family or Grandparent membership, the one or two primary adults and any children listed on the card are included
- For Family Plus and higher, any “Plus” people are included (x1 for Family Plus, x2 for Conservator and higher – Note: a listed adult must be present to bring the “Plus” person/people).
- Third Adults can also attend if they are listed on the membership.
- Be sure to have your membership card and photo ID (for listed adult names) to check in at the front gate.
- No guests, non-members or one-time use guest passes are admitted to members-only events.
- The Sky Ride Day Pass is not applicable to members-only or after-hours events.
Visit the Zoo’s Event Calendar for all upcoming event listings.
Discounts, Privileges, and Programs
More Rewarding than You Might Think.
As a member of Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, take advantage of the many special privileges and programs we offer.
- Win a Behind-the-Scenes Experience!
The more you visit the Zoo, the better your chances of winning one of these exclusive experiences! Every time you check-in (June-August), we will enter your name for a chance to meet one of our animals. No forms; just check-in at the front gate. A winner will be selected in June, July and August – good luck!
- FREE admission to Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun
Enjoy a 1.4 mile drive up the Russell Tutt Scenic Highway to this spectacular historic monument with breathtaking views of Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region. Click here for details on hours and access.
- FREE subscription to The Waterhole
The Waterhole monthly eNewsletter keeps members updated with behind-the-scenes animal stories, special members-only events, promotions and more! Click here to sign-up!
- Discounted tickets to Boo at the Zoo
Receive a member discount on tickets to the regions most unique Halloween event, in October!
- FREE admission to Electric Safari
Members get unlimited FREE visits to our holiday lights extravaganza, during evenings in December.
- Rise and Shine Member’s Summer Mornings
Exclusive members-only summer entrance to the Zoo starting at 8:00 a.m. on summer Saturdays & Sundays (May 26 through September 1). Watch and listen as the Zoo wakes up and stay ahead of the crowds and the heat.
- Invitations to exclusive members-only adventures
Check out the members-only events expandable located on this page for further details.
- Special savings on EdVenture programs
Enjoy great discounts on educational events including WildNights, Zoo Birthday Parties, camps, classes and more. See Explore and Learn for special member pricing by program.
- 10% discount in our gift shop
The Zoo’s Thundergod Gift Shop is a great place to find unique gifts! Simply present your membership card and photo ID. (Discounts do not include stroller or wagon rentals, sale items, film or food items at any of the concessions.)
- Mountaineer Sky Ride Day Pass
For just $35, you can add a Sky Ride Day Pass to any membership and ride as much as you like!
- Quarters for Conservation
Part of your membership goes to support Quarters for Conservation. With every visit, you will receive quarter “tokens” and get to contribute to the conservation project that inspires you.
What you need to know about your Member card if you are:
- Visiting the Zoo? Be sure to have your membership card and/or a valid photo ID(s) when entering the Zoo – this is required on every visit for all listed adults on the membership. (Children are not required to present a photo ID.)
- Renewing? If you are a renewing member, please re-use your existing card and Go Green! Learn more.
- Changing your address? To change your address, email the Membership Office at [email protected] or call 719-424-7830.
Lost your card?
If you lose your membership card, you can replace it for a $5 fee at the gate, over the phone, or through the mail.
- At the gate, present your picture I.D. at the admission booth and we’ll look you up in the membership database.
- By phone call 719-424-7830.
- By mail, send the below info with your check to the Zoo Membership Office, 4250 Cheyenne Mtn. Zoo Rd., Colorado Springs, CO 80906.
- Your first and last name(s) of adult member(s)
- Your address, city, state and ZIP code
- Your phone number
Membership Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Email: m[email protected]