Bring Your Bunch to the Zoo.
Whether it’s a school field trip or group adventure, the Zoo offers parties of 15 or more nature-inspired experiences for a life-time, all year-round during regular Zoo hours, with a variety of programs to enhance your visit. We encourage you to schedule an Education Program or Docent Tour during your Zoo visit. Costs and registration for scheduled programs and tours are different than self-guided visits, so please work with your Zoo representative for your payment options.
Three Ways to do Group Visits:
- Schedule an Education program; Zoo Exploration Tour, Keeper Interview, WildNight or Preschool Visit for your group!
- Take your group on a Docent Tour & Classroom Safari!
- Plan your own Self-Guided Group Visit!
– April and May are the busiest months for field trips at the Zoo and plan accordingly.
– School and group visits (parties of 15 or more) may be scheduled anytime of the year during regular Zoo hours.
– Zoo Memberships DO NOT apply for Education Programs or Docent Tours & Classroom Safaris.
Use the expandables below to learn more about visiting the Zoo with your group:
Schedule an Education Program
Working on a specific subject or standard? If you would like to guarantee a time for your group to meet with a member of our animal care staff, book a keeper interview (advanced registration is required).
To Schedule an Education Program:
CLICK HERE to learn more, contact the Zoo Education Department in advance, and work with them through the entire booking process.
Please Note: Costs and registration for scheduled programs are different than self-guided visits, so please work with your Zoo representative for your payment options. Zoo Memberships DO NOT apply for Education Programs, these program’s fees are additional charges, and require advanced registration.
Take a Docent Tour & Classroom Safari
All Docent Tours & Classroom Safaris meet Colorado Academic Standards & Common Core State Standards.
To take your group on a Docent Led Tour & Classroom Safari:
CLICK HERE to learn more, contact CMZoo Docents in advance, and work with them through the entire booking process.
Please Note: Costs and registration for scheduled programs are different than self-guided visits, so please work with your Zoo representative for your payment options. Zoo Memberships DO NOT apply for Docent Tours & Classroom Safaris, these program’s fees are additional charges, and require advanced registration.
Plan Your Own Self-Guided Group Visit
For a Self-Guided Group Visit;
- Register your group’s visit two weeks in advance by completing the form below to receive the discounted group rate. This information allows us to plan for proper staffing on busy days and to have contact information for your group, particularly in the event of an emergency.
- Learn more about your visit and find answers to frequently asked questions, including picnic areas and other logistics, by reviewing the following resources:
- Self-guided School Group Planning Guide – for groups licensed as a school in the state of Colorado.
- Group Visit Planning Guide – for all other groups bringing 15 or more people to the Zoo (particularly children).
- Animal Shows and Happenings occur daily and many groups like to plan their visit around them.
- Quarters for Conservation (Q4C) is a conservation program here at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo that your group will be voting on when you arrive. Many groups like to learn about the different Q4C programs before they arrive.
- Zoo Map
- Have adequate chaperones for your visit. Please have all of the adults in your group read the applicable chaperon guide before you arrive at the Zoo. Violations of these guidelines may result in eviction from the Zoo.
No further update is needed, your group will be ready to go to the Zoo on it’s own. Self-Guided Group Visit costs are explained below.
Self-Guided Group Visit Costs
NOTE: Costs for scheduled Education Programs or Docent Tours are different than Self-Guided Group Visit Rates below, so if you have scheduled a Program or Tour during your visit, please work with your Zoo representative for your payment options.
Groups and Out-of-state Schools:
$2 off the current regular Zoo admissions rates for adults, children and seniors. A minimum 15 people are required to obtain this group rate.
|Colorado K-12 Students :||
– NOTE: To calculate your discounted school group price, take the day’s regular price, subtract 75¢ and reduce by 50%. Then add 75¢ back to the price.
– View current Zoo admission prices here, under the Admission Ticket Prices expandable.
– * 75¢ goes to Quarters for Conservation.
Payments can be made prior to or upon arrival, with credit card, in-state check or cash. Please note, for customers’ protection, credit card numbers cannot be stored and charged on a later date. Any calls made for credit card payments will be processed at the time of the call.
Adult field trip chaperones may use their Zoo membership for admission on Self-Guided Group Visits. For student Zoo Members, collect a photocopy of their Zoo membership card and a photo ID (on same page) and present these with the payment form when paying for your group. Memberships DO NOT apply for Education Programs or Docent Tours, these program fees may be an additional charge and require advanced registration.
When You Arrive
- Please check in at the Admissions Booth located at the Zoo entrance, with your updated group numbers and payment ready (see payment methods below).
- Provide the Zoo with a contact name and cell phone number of an individual responsible for the group during the visit that day, or confirm the contact information provided in advance in case of emergency.
- You will receive Quarters for Conservation tokens to hand out to your group. Learn more about this program and how your visit helps the Zoo conserve wildlife by visiting Quarters for Conservation
- During your Zoo visit, please ensure that your entire group adhere the following guidelines:
- Treat Zoo animals with dignity and respect and do not provoke or taunt animals.
- All students (K – 12th grade) must be supervised by adult chaperones at all times.
- Respect other Zoo visitors and Zoo property.
- Backpacks and school bags are not allowed into the gift shop.
- Violations of these guidelines may result in eviction from the Zoo.
Complete and submit this form TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE to register your group for a Self-Guided Visit:
Email email@example.com or call 719-633-9925.