Locally Grown. World Famous.
Discover Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s renowned giraffe herd in their home, the African Rift Valley exhibit. Watch the largest giraffe herd at any zoo, “stampede” outdoors most mornings, spending the day grazing and relaxing in their savannah home.
– GIRAFFE WILD ADOPTION Gift Packages – Celebrate our giraffe with a Wild Adopt Giraffe Package ($75), includes a free gift! And, there are over a dozen other adopt gift package options to choose from too.
– GIRAFFE ART – Our giraffe are trained with positive reinforcement to present their hooves for trimming and filing. They also hold up their feet for treats, which allows them the opportunity to paint impressions with their hooves. Enjoy a giraffe hoofprint of your very own!
– GIRAFFE CONSERVATION – Cheyenne Mountain Zoo has partnered with the Giraffe Conservation Foundation to support much-needed field research on the different giraffe subspecies and to help with multiple conservation strategies.
– GIRAFFE FACTS – Learn about our long-necked friends’ features, diet, interesting facts and more!
– GIRAFFE FEEDING Experience
Enjoy hand-feeding the giraffe while in the African Rift Valley!
Daily, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
African Rift Valley (ARV) – boardwalk or barn (weather dependent)
Cost: $3 per lettuce bundle, or two for $5
– GIRAFFE TRAINING
Daily, 2 p.m.
African Rift Valley (ARV) – location posted daily on ARV boardwalk
Have you heard about our herd? We can’t wait to tell you all about them! Our giraffe will show you their training in action, and you can learn about how these gentle giants are helping to save their wild counterparts. Discover more up-close guest experiences and animal shows HERE.